Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - Sync 3 Issues

JamesWyatt

Newbie here, apologies if this is in the wrong area picked up my 2019 ST Line X recently, and I have noticed some very frustrating issues with the Sync 3 system, just wondering if any other owners had a similar experience, currently running the 3.2 build so I have an update to 3.3 prepped on a USB, hoping (fingers crossed) this clears any of the lingering bugs. On my 4th master reset so far with no change

Experiences Currently

• Sync 3 system completely freezes and becomes unresponsive very often, only locking the car and leaving it 10-15 minutes powers off the screen and then returning to the car the screen 'boots' up again
  • Apple carplay - using an official cable the phone came with, I have to remove and re-add the iPhone at least once a day, sometimes car play works fine, until I arrive at my destination and the entire system locks up as above, other times I can plug in the cable, the iPhone begins to charge but car play does not connect on the infotainment system
  • FordPass app - I have added the VIN of the car, come to activate the car to enjoy more of the features, sticks on pending activation, still awaiting this mysterious pop up to allow connection on the screen

I have scoured as many settings as possible and followed some of the helpful advice on this forum, (turning off auto updates and the like) it a shame this Sync issue has overshadowed the car slightly as I must admit it has been a fun car to drive and I have really enjoyed it so far!

Really hoping this all boils down to the older build of the Sync system!

• Like 1

There is a known issue with all the software bugs. In the end, it appears you have to get Ford to run all the updates available to fix all these systems. Eventually, they seem to resolve. But you have to keep going back to sort them all out. 

It took them several goes and an extra two days to put on all the updates. You just need to persevere. Your manual update at home should also help. 

Happy to say mine has been ok for several weeks now. 

Gillian 

• Like 1

Update : Looks as though the update to 3.3 cured the bugs and cleared the gremlins out of the system, no crashes and managed to get FordPass connected fully... I had to remove the car and re-add it as unlocking the car using my phone showing off caused the car to flatly refuse to lock again (wont be doing that again)

Now have an issue with a grinding gearbox when going into second gear but booked in at the local dealer to get this checked over

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I got a new 2020 fiesta and was having issues from day 1. When my phone was connected it was randomly disconnect and reconnect on it's own. Happened rarely but some days it happened a lot. Now for the past 2 weeks it will not connect through plug in at all, not with my phone, my new phone or anyone elses phones. System says its all up to date and my friend who works with ford says there are no new updates for my car. 

Does anyone have any magical advice as nothing is seeming to work and it's still weeks before ford can see me themselves 

Reset your sync hold power button down and one of the cd/ track forward buttons until screen goes black. It's a soft reset worked for my phone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club