Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatics

Mavroz
聽Share

It's even worse than that Mavroz, the Fiesta isn't even available on the build and price page. I wonder if people are panic buy cars? 馃槈

• Confused 1

Not sure where you are looking but the Fiesta is definitely available to build and price on the Ford website.

• Confused 1

Still don't get it.聽 VAG dsg cars tend to be better on emissions and not than the manual equivalent. So it is possible to have them efficient, and as quick if not quicker than the manual.

Don't have a clue myself about it all, doesn't effect me as I wouldn't touch an automatic with a barge pole.

Just posted what the manager at the聽 Dealer said regarding future Ford Auto's.

As said, again, it is something to do with tightening up on emissions, more rigorous checking and reporting, therefore they are apparently not producing or going to produce small autos much longer.

He was right in the fact as Ford have already seemingly delisted the auto EcoSport.

Maybe there just isn't the call for that many automatic vehicles any longer or they may be no longer cost effective to produce. Who knows?

Plus it wouldn't be like VAG to tell little white lies about emissions and test results.... Would it?

14 hours ago, Jeipii said:

Ford Puma is getting a dual clutch transmission with 125bhp 1.0 Ecoboost soon. No mild hybrid in this case.

All the powertrains (for the UK at least) are mhev and all the indications I've seen were that the DCT would be also. We'll have to see - it's gone very quiet on that one, lately.

27 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Don't have a clue myself about it all, doesn't effect me as I wouldn't touch an automatic with a barge pole.

Just posted what the manager at the聽 Dealer said regarding future Ford Auto's.

As said, again, it is something to do with tightening up on emissions, more rigorous checking and reporting, therefore they are apparently not producing or going to produce small autos much longer.

He was right in the fact as Ford have already seemingly delisted the auto EcoSport.

Maybe there just isn't the call for that many automatic vehicles any longer or they may be no longer cost effective to produce. Who knows?

Plus it wouldn't be like VAG to tell little white lies about emissions and test results.... Would it?

As I understand it, the WLTP figures have been known for some time, the manufacturers were just prevented from using them in ads etc, until the date prescribed by legislation. So they've had plenty of time to decide which is the most efficient transmission for them to use, going forward.

Though I don't much like them personally, the VW DCT boxes always seem to fare well for performance and emissions versus manual. The mild hybrid versions of the new Golf, A3 and Leon are DCT聽only, so they must be happy that they're a good fit with a mild hybrid.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Not sure where you are looking but the Fiesta is definitely available to build and price on the Ford website.

Looks all you can get the ST and Actives now, the standard TI is gone.

Annotation 2020-03-15 134010.jpg

• Confused 1

They are there, trust me.

If you are having bother seeing them or your pc wont display them, drag the pricing slider up and down to make them appear.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Like I said, the standard TI is not on the website anymore. Only the ST and Active.

2 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Like I said, the standard TI is not on the website anymore. Only the ST and Active.

Ok, lets keep it simple.

Click on Car Configurator, Click on the St or Active, then chose which model you wish from Trend聽to Vignale.

Feel like I am talking to a wall. Have fun. 馃檪

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Feel like I am talking to a wall. Have fun. 馃檪

Touch mate. You have babbled on about the Fiesta not being on the build and price page which it is... Then you continue saying only the St and Actives are available, which they aren't, the full range is.

馃槅

Configurator working for me showing full range Trend, Titanium and X, ST-Line and X, ST, Active and Vignale. Have sometimes found it plays up on certain browsers, though.

• Thanks 1

I don't go to it that way, I use build and price link.

It not be unusual for a salesman to tell the customer whatever he wanted to hear.

It would need to be a change in emissions or some unavoidable legislation for Ford to ditch autos as in recent years more and more autos have been sold.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, Mavroz said:

We sat in the one in the showroom and immediately ruled it out for the Mrs for another reason..... She wants to sit higher, having hip problems.

I would say it is as low as our Fiestas and no way near as high as the EcoSport.

Thought I'd seen an actual figure quoted somewhere and just found it. It was on the Honest John site and said the combination of increased ride height and seating position meant you could sit up to 60 mm higher in the Puma than the Fiesta.

We have a similar "thing" with seats - the Mrs likes high for her back issues, I like low. Not a problem if we stick to our own cars,of course. I even find the seating position in her SEAT Mii (VW聽Up clone) pretty high compared to the Fiesta (she has the seat cranked up to max, of course).

Back to the Puma. The one I tested felt way higher than my Fiesta when actually driving it, but I found I could cope with it if I adjusted it as low as it would go, whereas I'm sure the Mrs would be fine with it on high. Getting back in the Fiesta, after driving the Puma on even the lowest setting, the Fiesta felt really low.聽

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, Mavroz said:

Been to the dealership this morning to take the Mrs car for its service.

While there we had聽

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire a chat with the sales manager who we have always dealt with as the Mrs is looking to change to an EcoSport when she can.

Cut a long story short, he said Ford are stopping producing automatics in the smaller range of car.

They will only continue to produce autos in the Mondeo, Kuga and other larger models.

No more automatic Fiestas, Ecosport or Focus models.

He said it is something to do with the new emissions testing that will commence very shortly. Something about certain emissions being tested that wasn't before.

Interesting....

聽After that it will continue at 拢145 a year...聽 But even that's too much for some of us, my last few cars have all been 拢30pa!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club