Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towbar electrics for 2019 Ecosport ST-Line.

smithee

Hello,

If it helps anyone on here I've just fitted the Ford towbar electrics to my Ecosport. It took just over half an hour having fitted the towbar last week.The parts required are--Electrics for towbar part no. F2238291 , Moduletrailer/brake part no. F2189359. You'll also need 7 nuts not supplied with the kit. The latter  are 2 different sizes which I sourced out of my spares box. Total cost £162 plus vat. Plus the activation which I believe is around £70. Simply disconnect the negative battery terminal, find the 3 already wired plugs under the rear passenger-side seat, fit the plugs to the trailer module and place the module on it's screws next to these plugs( it can only fit one way),fit nuts to screws and replace plastic cover and then put rear seat down over the latter. The trailer socket is mounted to the towbar as usual and is pre-wired. The 2 plugs at the other end from the trailer socket are to be found under the rear passenger side corner of the bumper. They need their protective caps removed and then plug into the wires from the trailer socket. Cable ties are then used to secure the trailer wires safely. The  battery can the be reconnected safely and the trailer connection is ready for activation by Ford or others with access to the Etis software. I hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

Having now tried my trailer attached , I found that all the lights work as they should. Maybe I 'll give the activation a £70 miss for the moment!

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2020 at 6:30 PM, smithee said:

Hello,

If it helps anyone on here I've just fitted the Ford towbar electrics to my Ecosport. It took just over half an hour having fitted the towbar last week.The parts required are--Electrics for towbar part no. F2238291 , Moduletrailer/brake part no. F2189359. You'll also need 7 nuts not supplied with the kit. The latter  are 2 different sizes which I sourced out of my spares box. Total cost £162 plus vat. Plus the activation which I believe is around £70. Simply disconnect the negative battery terminal, find the 3 already wired plugs under the rear passenger-side seat, fit the plugs to the trailer module and place the module on it's screws next to these plugs( it can only fit one way),fit nuts to screws and replace plastic cover and then put rear seat down over the latter. The trailer socket is mounted to the towbar as usual and is pre-wired. The 2 plugs at the other end from the trailer socket are to be found under the rear passenger side corner of the bumper. They need their protective caps removed and then plug into the wires from the trailer socket. Cable ties are then used to secure the trailer wires safely. The  battery can the be reconnected safely and the trailer connection is ready for activation by Ford or others with access to the Etis software. I hope this helps someone.

Hi, which model towbar did you fit?? Was it a brink..or Fords own?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club