Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux cable not working 2008 fiesta.

klaudmjj

I recently bought a 2008 1.4 ford fiesta zetec. It comes with the sony 6cd gen 2 radio. I tried to plug my phone into the aux port however I heard no sound from it. When I put the aux cable in, It felt very loose and I could pull it out easily. When I turned the volume all the way I could hear the music very slightly. And when I took the cable out I heard static. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Sounds like the rear part of the socket has come loose or the contacts are broken.
You can get new parts but it's s bit fiddly swapping them out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is socket down by gear lever? I would remove socket to examine and maybe soldering a new socket on the wires.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202644943775

If you remove the gear stick surround then you can gain access to the rear of the aux socket.
You unplug the cable block then need two skinny screwdrivers to depress clips in the base of the socket.
This will allow the front and rear parts to be seperated then you clio in the new parts.
I did have a diagram of how to undo the clips, I'll see if I can locate it for you.

Thank you for your help I'll order this let you know if it worked. I have tried 3 different cables and still the same issue so this must be the aux port.

Can't find my picture but once you remove the trim from the car and unclip the cable you'll see two small rectangular holes, just push a screwdriver into each one and you should feel the clips disengage then just pull the front plate forward and pull the rear section out from the front.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club