Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Offset

Connor.Polar

Hello, I currently have a Ford Fiesta mk6 Flame which needs new alloys, in this case I have bought after market ones. They have all of my spec, I have bought the right size and stuff except for one thing, but they have confirmed that it will be okay for my car, however my old alloys had an offset of 47 and these new ones have an offset of 38. I have done some reading but I would like to make sure it will not be major.

The wheels might stick out a bit but there shouldn't be any problems right?

Any feedback is appreciated

In theory they'll stick out by 10mm...that shouldn't be an issue unless your original wheels were already at the limits?  It's illegal to have tyre tread outside of the arch which is why people run stretched tyres.

In practice, the wheel hubs may be 'slimmer' than yours so it would be less than 10mm difference overall.

Also have to take into account the wheel studs...10mm loss of thread for the wheel nuts isn't ideal!

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In theory they'll stick out by 10mm...that shouldn't be an issue unless your original wheels were already at the limits?  It's illegal to have tyre tread outside of the arch which is why people run stretched tyres.

In practice, the wheel hubs may be 'slimmer' than yours so it would be less than 10mm difference overall.

Also have to take into account the wheel studs...10mm loss of thread for the wheel nuts isn't ideal!

Just had a look at my car and sort of measured it, they would be just be in line with the wheel arch as mine at the moment are far in so i might be okay

55 minutes ago, Connor.Polar said:

Just had a look at my car and sort of measured it, they would be just be in line with the wheel arch as mine at the moment are far in so i might be okay

You'll need to stick one on tbh.  It's the wheel stud length I'd be worried about so try to measure that (count the threads poking through if you cant get a tape in there) and see if theres much less with the new wheels.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You'll need to stick one on tbh.  It's the wheel stud length I'd be worried about so try to measure that (count the threads poking through if you cant get a tape in there) and see if theres much less with the new wheels.

I'll wait til they arrive then, cheers.

i know you are going to say I am a boring old git but you may as well put a set of 175/65/14 steel wheels on there. Nice and cheap. no need to worry about scuffing the alloy wheel and they are much less likely to suffer pothole damage also. and no one will want to steal them.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, isetta said:

i know you are going to say I am a boring old git but you may as well put a set of 175/65/14 steel wheels on there. Nice and cheap. no need to worry about scuffing the alloy wheel and they are much less likely to suffer pothole damage also. and no one will want to steal them.

1 needs to be the same size otherwise insurance, 2 they just look horrid and 3 thats such a boomer thing 😂 joking

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club