Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today I'm listening to......

Ford Owners' Club

Sometimes you just can't beat a churning funfair base 👍🏻

Two brothers here; I feel sorry for Fritz below; watching recordings of his open air gigs on YouTube; he sure doesn't pull a crowed as much as his brother Paul man those tunes are hopping. 

6 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Sometimes you just can't beat a churning funfair base 👍🏻

Two brothers here; I feel sorry for Fritz below; watching recordings of his open air gigs on YouTube; he sure doesn't pull a crowed as much as his brother Paul man those tunes are hopping.

Ok; following up on that post if I may slightly derail the thread just to demonstrate; still listening to music all the way but just wanted to show:

Here's a Fritz Kalkbrenner live set: let's be honest here you could pick yourself out of the crowd, 

And brace yourself here's a Paul Kalkbrenner live set; place is jammed up to the rafters and raising the roof.

Pre emptying the 1998 hits program tonight...

😎

Was surprised by a few of the '98 tracks...  I can remember that year well, singing along to Freak Me, Horny and 'voulez vous couchez avec moi'...in Key Stage 1...  The filth that kids were exposed to back then, disgusting!  :shocking:

We also spent what felt like months learning Angels by Robbie to perform at parents assembly...hated that song ever since. :laugh: 

Club banger of the year has to be this...

Also don't think I'd ever seen the video to Gettin Jiggy With it before...  Don't get the Egyptian influence!  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus  I didn't realise how much music was stolen from other artists! 😲

Moby; his entire first album was created using African American folk songs which had no copyright to them, Moby added a beat and sold millions, although I wouldn't have heard the songs otherwise.

Not sure I've complained about the heat enough yet... :whistling:

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus  I didn't realise how much music was stolen from other artists! 😲

The music business is definitely interesting...  So many songs from the last 30 years seem to have recycled parts from other songs at the least...  Very eco friendly!   Then again there were only a few songwriters, and a few producers at any one point...

I was really surprised I'd never noticed Ghetto Superstar sampled Islands in the Stream!

• Like 1

I do like a bit of Kasabian

• Like 1

1999 hits programme tomorrow night!  Last one I think...

Should include some of the first tapes/CDs I bought myself...

And of course, a little bit of...

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, TomsFocus said:

The music business is definitely interesting...  So many songs from the last 30 years seem to have recycled parts from other songs at the least...  Very eco friendly!   Then again there were only a few songwriters, and a few producers at any one point...

I was really surprised I'd never noticed Ghetto Superstar sampled Islands in the Stream!

And who knew Eminem sampled Chas n Dave?   😲

• Haha 1

So many great tracks in '99 I really can't choose just one favourite!

It was slightly concerning that several of my favourites were referred to as 'empowering feminist tracks'... :ermm:  Tbf, I don't want no scrubs either! :laugh: 

Also surprised that I've been listening to this regularly on the radio for the last 20 years without ever realising it was a Whitney track! :shocking:

Another tape that I remember buying from Woolworths in '99 was this...still the story of my life today! :lol:

Might be a bit much for 10am on a Saturday morning but I just couldn't leave this out of the 1999 post... :laugh:  

What these programmes have made me realise, is that I don't know of a radio station that plays ALL of the music I want it to...  Kisstory is great, but it just plays the same stuff each day/week/month when there are so many more 'old' tracks they could play...  Is there a station that plays such a wide range of older tracks or are they all fairly limited to one specific genre/decade?  

Not my usual sort of thing but it cropped up in conversation tonight for some reason.......

• Like 2

Can't beat a bit Lainey Wilson

• Like 1

@TomsFocus can't help you with radio station choice I'm afraid. Only radio we can get up here is BBC Radio 1-4 plus Radio Scotland 🙄

I usually listen to R2 in the morning and bluetooth my phone playing Planet Rock etc to the truck stereo in the afternoons as I'm not a fan of Steve Wright! 😀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus can't help you with radio station choice I'm afraid. Only radio we can get up here is BBC Radio 1-4 plus Radio Scotland 🙄

I usually listen to R2 in the morning and Bluetooth my phone playing Planet Rock etc to the truck stereo in the afternoons as I'm not a fan of Steve Wright! 😀

I've been wondering what age you're meant to move from R1 to R2...  It seems that many of the presenters I grew up with on kids TV or R1 are now on there...including Fatboy Slims wife!  

And on that seamless segway...  Weapon of choice is a great track that I always forget the name to for years at a time lol.  Interesting to note that the video was done specifically for that too...I thought it was part of a film!

Another Fatboy Slim track that always lifts the mood is this one...

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been wondering what age you're meant to move from R1 to R2... 

Lol, there's no rule! So long ago in my case I can't remember!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Can't beat a bit Lainey Wilson

Country music has changed a bit since Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline! 😲

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been wondering what age you're meant to move from R1 to R2...  It seems that many of the presenters I grew up with on kids TV or R1 are now on there...including Fatboy Slims wife!  

And on that seamless segway...  Weapon of choice is a great track that I always forget the name to for years at a time lol.  Interesting to note that the video was done specifically for that too...I thought it was part of a film!

Another Fatboy Slim track that always lifts the mood is this one...

Trivia fact! Fat Boy Slim was due to play a cameo in the video but couldn't because his wife at the time, Zoe Ball, was having a baby! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Trivia fact! Fat Boy Slim was due to play a cameo in the video but couldn't because his wife at the time, Zoe Ball, was having a baby! 

Yep!  That baby can now be seen alongside his Mum on Celebrity Gogglebox!

• Like 1

Forums

News

Membership