Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today I'm listening to......

Ford Owners' Club

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Country music has changed a bit since Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline! 😲

As a country music fan it's one of my pet hates, that people think country is still the same as what it was 50 years ago, who still thinks dance music is like Sister Sledge or rock is still Cliff Richard.

I have a mate who was a big rock fan, used to go to Monsters of Rock festival regularly, took him to a country gig to see The Cadillac Three, he said it was just like a rock gig.

Time's have changed and modern county is nothing like what is was in the 70's 80's or 90's

• Like 1

@Mark-UK forgive me, I wasn't having a go at country 😉 I remember seeing Garth Brooks concerts on TV a few years ago, massive crowds, good atmosphere, everyone having a great time, looked good 👍

Cadillac Three feature on Planet Rock quite often 😎 

• Like 1

Do they still have country & western nights?

My Nan & Grandad used to go to them quite often but I can't say as I've seen any advertised in the last 10 years!?

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Do they still have country & western nights?

My Nan & Grandad used to go to them quite often but I can't say as I've seen any advertised in the last 10 years!?

No idea, I like country but not western, according to Bob Harris there has only been two proper country and western albums released in the last 40 odd years.

They do have line dancing nights

• Like 1

Was never a huge ZZ Top fan but it's always sad to hear the passing of someone whose music you grew up with.

RIP Dusty Hill.

• Like 2

Looks like there's another hits program on C5 tonight...1988...

@TomsFocus what did you make of the programme last night? 🤔 both me and Mrs Turvey thought it was a bit lame, Suggs just seemed to be going through the motions......

We know a song about that, don't we? 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus what did you make of the programme last night? 🤔 both me and Mrs Turvey thought it was a bit lame, Suggs just seemed to be going through the motions......

We know a song about that, don't we? 😃

Thought it was very disappointing tbh! 🥱

Started well with INXS and then seemed to be mostly boring love songs which really aren't my bag!  Only watched the first hour or so...

I do t think it was a 'new' program either...must have been recorded 20+ years ago surely?

One thing of interest was remembering that Rick Astley made more than one track! :laugh: 

(Not a great video for any vertigo sufferers! :biggrin: )

After saying I don't like boring love songs, I haven't been able to get this out of my head all weekend. :laugh:  Also features a cool classic Indian that the American Pickers would pay silly money for! :biggrin: 

No video but the brilliant Elizabeth Cook

New album out today, so listening to Andrea von Kampen

I have been listening to an alternative rock bands recently. I have been jamming to CP's Yellow all week while driving lol. Its true that your music taste changes over time. 😉

• Like 1

Today I'm listening to the new double 45rpm orange vinyl album from Jade Bird

jb.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night! For anyone remotely interested in Queen I would highly recommend it. 

Instead of just linking a Queen song I've chosen the split screen comparing the real Live Aid concert footage and Rami Malek's performance. 

• Like 3

Rami Malek's performance in the whole film is outstanding.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, Turvey said:

Finally got around to watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night! For anyone remotely interested in Queen I would highly recommend it. 

Instead of just linking a Queen song I've chosen the split screen comparing the real Live Aid concert footage and Rami Malek's performance. 

What a group...Queen....They got the crowd going at Live Aid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

What a group...Queen....They got the crowd going at Live Aid.

They also got the donations coming in as well, going by the film things were dead before they came on. Donations started to roll in when they were on and kept in going 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not had a proper listen yet, but Toyah's latest album will be on my list for a good listen tomorrow .

Toyah - Posh Pop.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Not had a proper listen yet, but Toyah's latest album will be on my list for a good listen tomorrow .

Toyah - Posh Pop.jpg

Maybe a good idea not to post any of her videos she's been doing recently! 😲 especially Enter Sandman which I definitely wouldn't watch again 😉😀

10 hours ago, Turvey said:

Maybe a good idea not to post any of her videos she's been doing recently! 😲 especially Enter Sandman which I definitely wouldn't watch again 😉😀

Her and Roberts, Sunday Lockdown Lunch videos have been rather good fun, maybe NSFW , but she not afraid to put it out for a 63 year old 😉😉😂

The Kooks Inside In, Inside Out 15th anniversary edition popped up on my Spotify today...  15 years ago...  15!!  😮

I definitely feel old now.  :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club

Forums

News

Membership