Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel bearing brand recommend

sonic113

Can anyone recommend a decent brand for rear wheel bearings for the mk2 2009 focus? 1.6 petrol model.

I need one for the bad probably will renew both, got a set from local factors some brand vorkanti but they lasted a month and are cheap s###t.  So now have to renew again so goin to go with a decent brand. 

Thanks 

We use SKF for all our bearings at work (albeit not car wheel bearings, but they're the same thing). Never have an issue with premature wear unless someone has fitted them incorrectly lol.

I never look at the price, just pick the bearing I want from our spares lists. They certainly look and feel very expensive though haha.

• Like 3

As a project coordinator of a large electric motor/generator service facility I am also involved with purchasing bearings. I literally order thousands of bearings a Year. Because of the extremely high and stable quality I primarily use SKF bearings.

As an advanced hobby mechanic I also installed loads of SKF wheel bearings, wheel hubs and water pumps. The quality of these SKF parts is excellent. Buying directly from a local SKF distributor is usually cheaper than the online parts supplier websites.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JW1982 said:

As a project coordinator of a large electric motor/generator service facility I am also involved with purchasing bearings. I literally order thousands of bearings a Year. Because of the extremely high and stable quality I primarily use SKF bearings.

As an advanced hobby mechanic I also installed loads of SKF wheel bearings, wheel hubs and water pumps. The quality of these SKF parts is excellent. Buying directly from a local SKF distributor is usually cheaper than the online parts supplier websites.

great stuff, I will have a look online and see of I can find this make for my focus. Other local factors only do That Vardakanti and comline, faq and Continental Direct, so will have a look around,

Thanks

Be quick that's a great deal!  I fitted SKF rear hubs/bearings to my mk3 Mondy 10 years ago now,  still going strong despite my high mileage. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Thank Ian, just got them, seller accepted £10 less so overall good price, will just have to reuse my old abs senors.

56 minutes ago, sonic113 said:

Thank Ian, just got them, seller accepted £10 less so overall good price, will just have to reuse my old abs senors.

No probs let me know how u get on.

• Like 1

Note that you'll need the female version of the torx socket to fit them,  also you might find they come c/w abs sensors (mine did) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update,  got all fitted and everything is nice and smooth. Thanks to all for input.

• Like 1