Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav updates

Derrick L

I have just bought a 2014 (64) Fiesta Titanium 1lecoboost. . I don't understand how the satnav information is updated.

I have found an empty SD Card packet, but no card.  I'm also non-technical with regard to these matters.  How do I

discover whether the satnav info needs updating and how this is done?

Not 100% but id imagine you install a program on your pc download the updates and drag them to the sd, place sd in your sat nav and it should flash/install the updates, you might have to go to settings to do it 

• Confused 1

SD cards are read only and the only option for updating is a whole new card.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

SD cards are read only and the only option for updating is a whole new card.

SD cards aren't read only.   There is, however, a little switch on the side that can convert them to read only.

• Like 1

most cameras use/did use SD cards. (not sure if anyone buys cameras now as phone cameras have got pretty good and no one prints photos any more)

SD cards aren't read only.   There is, however, a little switch on the side that can convert them to read only.
The cards themselves aren't write protected but the data is coded to the SD cards embedded serial number.
There are ways to copy the data to other cards but it is of course a bit illegal.

31 minutes ago, isetta said:

most cameras use/did use SD cards. (not sure if anyone buys cameras now as phone cameras have got pretty good and no one prints photos any more)

I use a camera with an SD card. (Nikon Coolpix B700) Every now and again I get a message on the screen that the card is write protected and it's because I've caught the little switch on the side.

• Like 1

I have a micro SD in my phone for music and other media, same in my Galaxy Tab4.
Jeez, I remember having an early digital camera with a Compact Flash card in it.

5 hours ago, Derrick L said:

I have just bought a 2014 (64) Fiesta Titanium 1lecoboost. . I don't understand how the satnav information is updated.

I have found an empty SD Card packet, but no card.  I'm also non-technical with regard to these matters.  How do I

discover whether the satnav info needs updating and how this is done?

Available on eBay £24:

Latest 2018 Sat Nav SD Card Update for Ford MFD V8 Navigation Map

Fiesta   -  from  01.2013

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-2018-Sat-Nav-SD-Card-Update-for-Ford-MFD-V8-Navigation-Map/153720912918?hash=item23ca7afc16:g:YFEAAOSwbPVc9T6U

• Like 1

Yes, you need to buy a sd card with the map, eBay is the best option, you can't move the files, dont work that way.

Cards have copy protection is based on the unique CID number of the SD-card. The CID number of the SD-card is encrypted into the files on the SD-card. 

Its £29 for the 2019/20 update, I thought it would be free from there website, what a rip off 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club