Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta S Line 140PS brand new purchase maybe!!

Shattlemuck

Hi all, please can anyone give me your experience on the above car.

Are they reliable, any issues I’m a novice to this site so any help would be appreciated.

Im thinking of possibly buying this car but need to know what owners think.

Tell me everything please.

Many thanks in advance.

I bought the same car with 27k km on the clock and it was a press car so it was driven hard all those kilomters.. now I have 45k km and drive it hard on daily bases since i live in the alps and with all those mountain passes you just cant drive slow. So for no problems but time will tell. ( dont forget to warm up your car before pushing to redline )

Just traded mine last weekend for a Fiesta st3 which I really wanted when I bought the 140, but weren’t  many about at that time.

bought the st line x 140 with 3500 miles on clock traded it with just over 12k miles. Owned it just over 18 months in that time it didn’t miss a beat, only spend on it was the rather expensive ford service. Great little car, the 140 engine makes the car quite nippy although the car was a little thirstier than Ford lead you to believe.

I've had my 125ps Titanium for a year and a half, it's essentially the same car. 

In terms of issues I've had :

GPS failure (accepted by Ford as a common fault with no fix after nearly 3 years) 

bluetooth failure. 

Central cluster display failure. 

Keyless entry button failure. 

Driver's door speaker rattle. 

Panoramic roof rattle. 

battery issue (although short runs exacerbated this I reckon) 

This is just my experience so you shouldn't weigh it too heavily but, I'm not particularly impressed with the build quality, especially the technology / media systems.  So much so I'm very nervous about owning it outside of warranty later this year. 

A lot of these problems may well be fixed in newer cars.  

Loads of threads on here about this car, including this one I started when I got it 2 years ago:

Other than an issue with GPS signal disappearing (which seemed to mysteriously correct itself after 6 months or so, I have had no problems or expenses other than normal servicing. It is a very entertaining little car to drive, suspension gives great handling with decent comfort on most roads. I do still hanker after an ST, mainly for the extra torque rather than outright horsepower, but I know I couldn't live with the ST seat/suspension on the roads I have to drive. That said, I doubt I could make much faster progress on public roads and still keep my licence!😀

The apparent issue with the seat I mentioned early on seemed to settle down after a few months as it bedded in, and I don't have an issue now. I have seen similar comments from others. Circumstances saw me doing a 140 mile round trip up the Dales and back twice yesterday, so 280 miles in one day on challenging roads at a - ahem! - "brisk" pace (Mrs wasn't with me) with no problem.

I have averaged 45mpg (mostly single carriageway, very little motorway or heavy traffic).

• Like 1

Owned our 125PS Titanium for a week and the foot well cover below the storage box fell off, apparently a common problem.

Thankfully took a full 4 year new car warranty. 

That happened with ours, went to the dealer, they keep a stack of spare plastic screws just for this.

Other than that,  no issues in 19 months.

I'm waiting for the mild hybrid to come out

Had my 2019 ST-Line X 140 for just over 6 months now, covered just under 9000 miles. No real problems apart from an issue with the sat nav locking up and requiring a soft reset during the first few months. Like Eric says it seems to cure itself after a while if you get that problem. 

Slight rattle from passenger side on colder mornings which improves once it's warm inside the car, can't figure out where it's coming from but not a major issue.

Other than that it's been perfect, always starts first press of the button, decently quick for what it is. Good fun to drive, handles nicely. Expect 40 to 50 mpg depending on your driving style/conditions. 

A bit of road noise at motorway speeds but you'd expect that as a downside to lower profile tyres on 17 or 18" wheels. If there'd been an option for 16 inch wheels I'd have taken it.

Gearbox action is not as good as my previous MK7.5 but nothing terrible, just a bit notchy.

Would I buy another one now?  the answer is yes, but as Doylie says I might wait and see what the mild hybrid Fiesta is like, sounds like it's quite good in the Puma.

2 hours ago, Doylie said:

I'm waiting for the mild hybrid to come out

5 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Would I buy another one now?  the answer is yes, but as Doylie says I might wait and see what the mild hybrid Fiesta is like, sounds like it's quite good in the Puma.

Yes, I'm also interested to see how the mild hybrid turns out - might be an answer to my wish for a little more low down torque. Also waiting to see what the Puma ST is like - could be a more comfortable option than the ST Fiesta, but I think in both cases we may be waiting for quite a while with the present coronavirus situation bringing factories to a halt.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club