Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Reverse LED Issue

KingCraigx

Hello,

I have replacement LEDs for my reverse bulbs. I have watched a few videos on YouTube and it looks like after undoing the wingnut and clip, it just pulls off. However mine does not and looks to be stuck down in the top edge corner.

Has anyone replaced their MK8 Reverse lights or had this part off? I can’t even pry it off with a trim tool, so it’s got to be bolted down else where.

thanks.

Once you have undone the wing nut there are no other fasteners. It's just a matter of running the trim removal tool along the edge and "wiggling".as the bulb-cluster can be a bit unco-operative. Also check that the LED is held securely in place. The CSUK ones may not fit snugly; my husband had to use a bit of gaffer-tape to keep one of the bulbs secure.

Thanks, I’ll give it another go. It’s must be stuck on there good as it’s never been off the car before. Thanks.

Do all Mk8 models not have led lamps in the light clusters or is it the lower end models that have standard filament lamps?

I think the 2020 models are all led lamps other than the front fog/cornering lamps are they not.

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Do all Mk8 models not have led lamps in the light clusters or is it the lower end models that have standard filament lamps?

I have a 2018 price list which refers to "LED night signature to rear lamps" on Titanium and above. I assumed that meant just the normal red lights?

Whatever, I find the (twin) reverse lights on my car are excellent as standard, unlike my last car whose single reverse light was worse than a candle. I did swap that for an LED which made an improvement.

6 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I think the 2020 models are all led lamps other than the front fog/cornering lamps are they not.

You are somewhat correct. The rear lights are all LED other than the reverse on mine (not sure on indicators)

I presumed they were all led, including the number plate lights. Not that I have ever noticed and doubt I will ever change them.

I have MK8 2018 Titanium and it has filament reverse and turn signal bulbs.

Changed them leds of course. 😁

Ceuk sells led sequental side repeaters, ordered because I have led driving lights so dynamic signals to mirrors too..

Led sequental side repeaters MK8

On 3/27/2020 at 7:24 AM, Hair said:

I have MK8 2018 Titanium and it has filament reverse and turn signal bulbs.

Changed them leds of course. 😁

Ceuk sells led sequental side repeaters, ordered because I have led driving lights so dynamic signals to mirrors too..

Led sequental side repeaters MK8

I’ve just pre-ordered those led sequential side indicators from ceuk! I’ve tried again with the reverse light, I can’t get the unit off the car at all... using way too much force and it still won’t budge from one corner.

49 minutes ago, KingCraigx said:

I’ve just pre-ordered those led sequential side indicators from ceuk! I’ve tried again with the reverse light, I can’t get the unit off the car at all... using way too much force and it still won’t budge from one corner.

Yeah, its tight for sure.

You just to have wiggle it little side by side and it should eventually come loose.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club