Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

MOT Extension

Turvey

It's all down to common sense to be honest, even if your car still had 6 months MOT left you shouldn't be driving it if you know there is anything unsafe, and if you can't check yourself you should get a mechanic to look it over irrespective of COVID-19.

The last thing hospitals need at this time is patients coming in because their brakes failed or they skidded into a tree due to bald tyres.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity would this then mean that my Passat's MOT which is due January 2021 will be extended?  What they've said seems to imply it would be but I cannot see us still being in this boorach next year!

22 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Out of curiosity would this then mean that my Passat's MOT which is due January 2021 will be extended?  What they've said seems to imply it would be but I cannot see us still being in this boorach next year!

The way I read it does imply that. Really if you think about it it should be like that . If they just said any car that's due mot in next 6 months is exempt for that 6 months then there would be a huge back log due as soon as they said a date they recommence needing one. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

The way I read it does imply that. Really if you think about it it should be like that . If they just said any car that's due mot in next 6 months is exempt for that 6 months then there would be a huge back log due as soon as they said a date they recommence needing one. 

That's very true.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club