Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Project - Get Active Cruise Control working

andyh1108

I want ACC, shouldn't be too hard!!!

2017 Ford Edge 2.0 210ps, powershift box, and looks like most of the components come fitted, so got ForScan out, did some research, changed IPC, BCM and ABS configurations and YES, I have it 90% working (my car came fitted with HUD display which means it already has the radar unit installed) but looking for some help with the last 10%, cos it's an important 10% and I am starting to reach the limit of what information I can get from the internet.

ACC works up to a point, and that point is where active braking starts, the vehicle will brake but very soon into braking I get the 'active cruise control is not available' message which only seems to 'reset' itself after some time. I 'think' it is the ABS unit over-heating and that, to have ACC, the one component in the car that needs changing is the ABS unit but I don't have access to part numbers based on VIN as this would allow me to compare vehicles with and without ACC. The only other part I know I need to swap are the steering wheel buttons as I cannot set the 'distance' but I would like to make sure nothing else needs changing before I start spending.

Can anyone offer any input?

Thanks

Andy

Interesting project. Sorry, no input, but didn't realise the new Edge is available with a HUD??

• 1 month later...

Is the “HUD” not the row of LEDs which irritatingly flash in your face when your active city stop is activated, usually when you don’t want it or can see the perceived hazard a mile off ?

I would love to get some updates on this? I was told that it isn’t possible but I have the same year/model/options as you. Any progress?

5 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Is the “HUD” not the row of LEDs which irritatingly flash in your face when your active city stop is activated, usually when you don’t want it or can see the perceived hazard a mile off ?

They'll be the same ones which saved Hamster's bacon several times. I would be much more irritated to have driven into the vehicle in front.

H

11 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Stick some black electrical tape over the LEDs!  You still get the dash and audio warning. 

10 hours ago, Hamster said:

They'll be the same ones which saved Hamster's bacon several times. I would be much more irritated to have driven into the vehicle in front.

H

I drive with my eyes open and keep a safe distance from the car in front. 😆 

17 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Ahh of course, was getting interested then!

5 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

I drive with my eyes open and keep a safe distance from the car in front. 😆 

Oh yes, of course, the "I never do anything wrong so don't need 'help' gadgets brigade".

When I was working, and hopefully when I go back, I expect I'll be doing an awful lot more miles than most. I sadly need all the help I can get.

Smugness is not a very endearing quality.

H

I think you are ready to go back to work right enough. 

I think you are right 😶

H

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club