Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taillight upgrade to face-lift, no brake light.

KrisT

I am aware of the tutorial, but what I have done is take the connector from the face lift model as well, I wired all matching colors but one is spare, the green with orange line. Turn signals work and regular light. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/CJekUGu

Any help appreciated. 

Ok, brake light works, might have been the bolb not quite in. Now only thing is reverse and fog light. I'm doing this for driver side at the moment. 

Another update, everything works with one additional wire as right side rear gear light pre face-lift don't have it I guess. 

It's just the fog lights don't work and now I wonder if pre face lift even have them. Anyone? 

Rear fog light been compulsory in uk since 1980. Rules only require 1 onright or in centre. I don’t know if the car had one on each side or right only

48 minutes ago, isetta said:

Rear fog light been compulsory in uk since 1980. Rules only require 1 onright or in centre. I don’t know if the car had one on each side or right only

Ohh crap... 

Is this the fog light switch ?

s-l1600.jpg

I just realize that every time I drive I crank it to the end, been driving with fog lights on all the time then.

15 minutes ago, KrisT said:

Ohh crap... 

Is this the fog light switch ?

s-l1600.jpg

I just realize that every time I drive I crank it to the end, been driving with fog lights on all the time then.

Isn't it pull out for fog light?
If you've been turning it to the 2nd position after 0 then that's just normal headlights. 

i also reckon you pull it out towards you for fog light, and that will also show you a warning light on dash (cant remember if the warning light is in speedo or rev counter). it would have failed the MOT if it was not working OK before (fog light and the warning light are checked)

5 hours ago, isetta said:

i also reckon you pull it out towards you for fog light, and that will also show you a warning light on dash (cant remember if the warning light is in speedo or rev counter). it would have failed the MOT if it was not working OK before (fog light and the warning light are checked)

Passed my MOT last week, I will check tomorrow and update.

14 hours ago, isetta said:

It worked, I did not know you have to pull it out. It worked on the driver side, now I just need to get 2 wires to connect the reverse light and fog light to each side. As driver side has fog light working but no reverse light and passenger side vice versa.