Do Not Sell My Personal Information

98+ RON on 1.0 Ecoboost: any toughts?

matteo10

Hi there,

I was wondering, have someone already tried to fill the 1.0 ecoboost with premium fuel?

Trying to understand if it's worth the premium, in terms of efficency and performance! Usually those fuels provide more km per liter on bigger engines, is the 1.0 able  to reap this benefit as well?

It has a knock sensor. It will adapt after a tank full or so. 

It’s unlikely to given enough of an mpg gain to justify extra though. 

It depends how much and how you drive, just keep track of the fuel consumption with the fuel you use now and than see what the fuel consumption is with the premium after a while

When I got mine remapped they told me to run it on 98 because of the extra boost. The did tell me standard 1.0's are fine to run on 95 and there would be little to no difference with premium. 

Premium fuel tends to have more detergent to remove and prevent carbon deposits. It also has knock sensors so may get slightly better mpg. Unlikely to see any power gains without a remap. You pays your money you takes your choice.

Yeah I stick a tank in every now and then.  For the better cleaning stuff.  Seems to make the engine a bit quieter too.

I always use Shell fuel and have their points app and card. I only use V-Power when it' on off to get more points. The alternative to super fuels is to use fuel additives. I have used Millers stuff for many years in previous cars. It not only cleans the insides, but also adds octane/cetane. I don't use it much on my fiesta because of the faff using the funnel to fill it.

I know there are some engines that need Super unleaded to run. The VAG 1.4 TSI (turbo + super charged) had to use 98 octane, it wouldn't run properly on normal 95 stuff. However our ecoboost can run happily on normal 95 octane unleaded.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club