Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit heated seats on mk3n not working

Mondeo123

Hello

I’ve recently purchased heated seats for me ‘06 Mondeo. The seat I’ve bought has heated seats, my previous ones didn’t. I’ve checked the wiring loom on my connector and both adapters are wired for heated seats. I’ve also checked behind the coin holder for the heated seat wiring and it was all in place. After fitting the switch, seats and the fuse, the lights on the switch light up but the seats stay cold. 

Anyone who has an idea? Maybe ECU related?

Thanks in advance

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fuse_%26_Relay_Information       There's a fuse in the engine bay fusebox (F5) , but also a fuse in the glove box fusebox too (F83) But no mention of a relay.                                   Also, have a look at the fuse you've fitted to see if it hasn't blown. 

2 hours ago, nicam49 said:

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fuse_%26_Relay_Information       There's a fuse in the engine bay fusebox (F5) , but also a fuse in the glove box fusebox too (F83) But no mention of a relay.                                   Also, have a look at the fuse you've fitted to see if it hasn't blown. 

Hello mate

I’ve found the second fuse under the bonnet but it still doesnt work ;( Still, many thanks because I’m one step closer.

Thnking about it, there MUST be a relay to switch the heavy current on, else the switches will soon burn out. But no mention of it in that fusebox link. 

On 3/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, nicam49 said:

Thnking about it, there MUST be a relay to switch the heavy current on, else the switches will soon burn out. But no mention of it in that fusebox link. 

Bummer, I don’t have any relays (added a picture). I dont get it, all the wiring is in place but there is no relay. I know that my seat adapter has the wires for the heated seats in them..

Im clueless

And also thanks again for the reply

B935E0D5-D1ED-447E-88C9-F62B43CB8730.jpeg

Those black squares on the extreme top left are relays. The one you need MIGHT be K41 (just been looking on Talkford forum). 4th down on lhs. Have you got something in that position.?

Did you read that link? "If you have fitted heated seats and switch to your Mk3 Facelift Mondeo, but can't get the seats to warm up, you may need a relay which fits into a socket clipped to the rear of the interior fusebox. The FINIS code is 1226542, and it's called an Ignition Control Relay 2. It is a 4-pin relay in black."

2 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Those black squares on the extreme top left are relays. The one you need MIGHT be K41 (just been looking on Talkford forum). 4th down on lhs. Have you got something in that position.?

Did you read that link? "If you have fitted heated seats and switch to your Mk3 Facelift Mondeo, but can't get the seats to warm up, you may need a relay which fits into a socket clipped to the rear of the interior fusebox. The FINIS code is 1226542, and it's called an Ignition Control Relay 2. It is a 4-pin relay in black."

Yes but it’s in place. I have taken another look and K41 relay seems to be the one with a red X (added a picture). It has 4 pins and is the 4th down but it isnt black, its grey, could it be an empty relay?

Thanks😁spacer.png

18455214-AC1D-4A34-A619-A788A9337C30.jpeg

DA2B6F7A-90C0-4DD4-881A-E7EA699C4174.png

That's good at least. You got a multimeter? Wondering if you can test a) the relay, and b) the connectors on the heated seats to see if there's voltage on them,  c) the resistance of the heating elements, and d)  test the 2 fuses to see if they're good (continuity) rather than just a visual check. 

I doubt that the grey relay is a dummy one, but interesting that it's not black. I googled the finis code and they're all black ones so far... 

Also, I wonder if the supply return (on the seats) is a ground... does there seem to be a ground /earth connection on the seats? 

Also gave a read of this thread, see if it applies to yours. 

https://talkford.com/community/topic/77603-mk3-adding-switches/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club