Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

NHS Staff and Home Care People...Your The BEST.

jace1969

.......A Massive thanks to all these NHS Staff (District Nurses/Hospital) and also the home care people who visit people like my dad/me...........You all deserve a Medal...........

Simply........................ THE BEST................

• Like 6

Agreed - they are the salt of the earth.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

.......A Massive thanks to all these NHS Staff (District Nurses/Hospital) and also the home care people who visit people like my dad/me...........You all deserve a Medal...........

Simply........................ THE BEST................

My Grandaughter is a Care worker doing loads of overtime due to shortage of staff, God bless them all and watch over them all,😇

• Like 4

My Grandaughter is a Care worker doing loads of overtime due to shortage of staff, God bless them all and watch over them all,[emoji56]
We have carers twice a day and nurses in the week,there very very by the rules with gloves/apron etc.....and all the retired and students who have come forward as they didn't need to
Puts the United back into United kingdom.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree people in the NHS and care industry are doing a wonderful job and should keep up their great work. ❤️  However there are people who I think are more important. People who work at Power stations, National grid all of the power industry. 

Remember without electricity absolutely NOTHING would run!

23 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I agree people in the NHS and care industry are doing a wonderful job and should keep up their great work. ❤️  However there are people who I think are more important. People who work at Power stations, National grid all of the power industry. 

I agree and the Trucker`s who are bringing goods to our stores and the poor staff who have to deal with selfish scumbags who think they can have it all

• Like 1

I think the main thing is the NHS and carers are putting themselves in the situation where we are told not to do,there walking into the virus while we are being told to keep from people.
I agree with the power as thing would not run but think here it's mainly the risk factor of it.

4 hours ago, Jim H said:

Except everything with batteries, diesel generators, wind turbines or solar panels... :biggrin: 

I agree though, pretty much every job is important in one way or another. Seeing a lot of posts on social media with people trying to make thier job seem more important than anyone else's at the moment. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Except everything with batteries, diesel generators, wind turbines or solar panels... :biggrin: 

I agree though, pretty much every job is important in one way or another. Seeing a lot of posts on social media with people trying to make thier job seem more important than anyone else's at the moment. :rolleyes:

I agree Tom  We all in this together It doesnt matter where you was born or how much money you have This virus does`nt  care 

• Like 1

All comments are true in there own way and we all want money in our pockets.
The thing is here it all works in a system where no food/no electric etc no one will survive but how I look at the NHS and carers in a slightly different way is there putting there own lives at risk to look after others where they might get it.
You even have the PM who can isolate his self and talk over a TV but these people go into this eyes open so I have a massive respect for these 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clinical NHS staff deserve a payrise, it's a pity how little the government pay them (and emergency services workers too in general)

Also the government had well over a month to start preparing for this pandemic but they negligently chose until the last second before being slapped in the face, and now there's poor NHS workers including paramedics going without PPE. They've also deliberately ignored WHO advice on testing (apparently we're too good for that advice), and PPE standards (staff are going without face shields/visors).

I hope that after this all blows over maybe in terms of positive outcomes healthcare workers will get higher pay, be respected more as a profession, and that there'll be a recruitment drive to increase staffing numbers and the service will grow stronger overall, which would benefit the whole country.

• Like 1

And the scum that spit and cough at the care workers, medics, Police, ambulance staff and other key workers should be sentenced to join these key workers and assist in their  jobs and get a life.

The Government are now opening up all the care homes that had to close because of under funding to accommodate patients who are well enough to be released from hospital but still need after care, I say, what about all the cottage hospitals that have been closed down over the past few years, are they going to re-open them as well? Part reason for these closures was funding and lack of staff and the staff were 'not trained to modern standards and procedure', well, now it's all come back to bite the Government, with half a million retired medical and care staff (and others) answering the call to come back to work now is the time to reverse all that has gone before, if they couldn't find the funding before, how can they find it now?

39 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

Loans. Lots and lots of borrowing

This.  We'll need another decade of austerity just to pay the interest...  And people are expecting higher wages once this over!? :laugh: 

I know how scary it must be for them. I volunteer in 2 hospitals, one of them being in a ward where people come in after coming to A&E. I'm not allowed to go during this time as Im not covered by insurance but 2 weeks back when I went before this pandemic started here the nurse told me about 3 confirmed covid19 patients and 5 suspected in the ward. All nurses said they are worried and scared just standing near the door to the side rooms. To be honest on that day I was standing near the door when a nurse went in so there's someone there if she needs anything. Have to be honest a hospital is probably the least place to catch anything but can't say anything from here. 

Screenshot_20200314-165949.png

• Like 1

My missus is a care worker in a home which is catered for brain injury folk, she loves her job, got a letter from the NHS telling her she's got to refrain from going to work and got to self isolate for 12 weeks, she suffers with Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes a weekly injection as well as tablets taken daily, without these medicines she becomes in pain and so unable to walk, but the knock on effect is that her immune system is very low, if she lightly cuts herself it will take two to three weeks to heal up, whereas any normal person it would be gone within a week.

If she caught the virus she might well die with it and very quickly too, this scares her as it does with the rest of our family.

Where the missus works are fully aware of her health and she's told the manager at the care home who has gone in a huff and says they aren't paying that 80% wage and only will pay her sick pay for just two weeks, it's been hell in our house and she's been trying to get help in sorting this problem out.

I've come to the conclusion that many care homes see employees as a number and not a person and just don't care about them one bit, all they care about is their bank balance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

My missus is a care worker in a home which is catered for brain injury folk, she loves her job, got a letter from the NHS telling her she's got to refrain from going to work and got to self isolate for 12 weeks, she suffers with Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes a weekly injection as well as tablets taken daily, without these medicines she becomes in pain and so unable to walk, but the knock on effect is that her immune system is very low, if she lightly cuts herself it will take two to three weeks to heal up, whereas any normal person it would be gone within a week.

If she caught the virus she might well die with it and very quickly too, this scares her as it does with the rest of our family.

Where the missus works are fully aware of her health and she's told the manager at the care home who has gone in a huff and says they aren't paying that 80% wage and only will pay her sick pay for just two weeks, it's been hell in our house and she's been trying to get help in sorting this problem out.

I've come to the conclusion that many care homes see employees as a number and not a person and just don't care about them one bit, all they care about is their bank balance.

Hi Ian

Sorry to hear about your missus,

My grandaughter who lives with us also works in a home system they have 3 home units on same site so she switch`s  from unit to unit she came home the other day told us they have no PPe left and where told to us same gloves over again she was not happy.

you watch news Goverment say you  will get Protective equipment and 80% of wage if cannot work but in real live this is not the case care homes are about money that`s it dont give a dam about resident`s even less about staff totally stink`s mate 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tekman said:

you watch news Goverment say you  will get Protective equipment and 80% of wage if cannot work but in real live this is not the case care homes are about money that`s it dont give a dam about resident`s even less about staff totally stink`s mate 

Yep the Government plays it out that all will be fine & dandy but that's not the case is it! Sons girlfriend worked in a care home, fully qualified carer and knows her stuff, she was always being made to work all god damn hours, so eventually she'd had enough and left, she got another job within a week, with a 1/1 care with a lad who has serious head injuries, a week in and it'd headline news about this virus, her new boss called her in and thought she was out of a job, they was so impressed with her that they are paying her 100% of her set wage and when this virus has come to an end, she can come back........not many places like that is there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Yep the Government plays it out that all will be fine & dandy but that's not the case is it! Sons girlfriend worked in a care home, fully qualified carer and knows her stuff, she was always being made to work all god damn hours, so eventually she'd had enough and left, she got another job within a week, with a 1/1 care with a lad who has serious head injuries, a week in and it'd headline news about this virus, her new boss called her in and thought she was out of a job, they was so impressed with her that they are paying her 100% of her set wage and when this virus has come to an end, she can come back........not many places like that is there.

Wow That`s a good boss mate,

glad she ok and hope your missus gets hers sorted soon,  They all hero`s in my eyes NHS staff and carers all front line workers 

• Like 2

I just wish we could get some info on the people who have come out the other side and are well as its just how many have died or tested each day which also we want to hear but they miss the survivors,we hear of 2000+ deaths and 500+ yesterday died but how about the 1000's and i mean 1000's that have been through it and are ok now.

The NHS/nurses i have dealt with for a good15+years with mom and now a very weak 91 year old dad in bed and you will never get a service like this in the world as FREE and they care.

As for the complete SCUM that coughing in front of Police/Paramedics and fire well there aint any words to describe them lets hope they keep a nice healthy life and not SUFFER if you know what i mean.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I just wish we could get some info on the people who have come out the other side and are well as its just how many have died or tested each day which also we want to hear but they miss the survivors,we hear of 2000+ deaths and 500+ yesterday died but how about the 1000's and i mean 1000's that have been through it and are ok now.

Only 135 people in he UK have recovered after being tested so far.

We won't know how many have had mild symptoms and no test until the antibody test comes out.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Only 135 people in he UK have recovered after being tested so far.

We won't know how many have had mild symptoms and no test until the antibody test comes out.

That's the thing there are thousands of people who have recovered from it but never even knew they had it, and most never will unless they test absolutely everybody which won't happen. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club