Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Ford Fiesta ST

Mattgr_00
聽Share

Hi guys, ive recently decided to get into cars properly and I've decided I want to buy a Fiesta MK7 ST-2. I'm wondering how much I should pay for one with roughly 40k miles on it. There's one near where I live which is a blue 14 plate with 38k miles on it, its up for 7.9k but what sort of price could I reasonably negotiate this down to?? Hope you can help. Thanks in advance

That's priced quite low not a bad deal, you'll struggle getting the price down, I've had mine around 2 years now and still love it, sat on 57k not increasing since I'm out of work for the time being聽馃槀

I have an ST-2 - lovely car. 拢8k seems low to me but I guess it is a 14 plate...

Pop the reg into Cazana (https://cazana.com/uk) and see what it says. Mine's still worth around 拢11k (a 2016 with low miles).

Just done an evaluation on the car and it says dealers should retail it from 拢8.2k so must be a good deal I'll see what i can do with the price, if i can get it down any more then its a steal. Thanks guys

Is that 7900 private or dealer? Of course private should be cheaper as no protection if you buy a duff car

Is the ST-2 the ones mostly nicked because it's so easy to nick ?

47 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

I wouldn't have thought so. It's keyless start, not keyless entry. ST-2 and ST-3 have the nicer Recaro seats so maybe more desirable than the ST-1 but that's all I can think of.

20 hours ago, Mattgr_00 said:

Just done an evaluation on the car and it says dealers should retail it from 拢8.2k so must be a good deal I'll see what i can do with the price, if i can get it down any more then its a steal. Thanks guys

Get one with the Style Pack if you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

ST2 and 3 have keyless start which makes theft via the OBD port possible

ST3 ( ST2 if the option was picked) has keyless entry which make entry and theft by amplifying the key fobs signal possible.

All can be broken into by breaking the lock or window, ST1 harder to steal because of the ignition key.

• Like 1

No-one nicks the ST1 because they're so poorly specced, I'd rather walk! :tongue:聽 But seriously, they didn't sell many of them, and I believe they were even dropped from sale quite early on.聽 Just a marketing gimic so they can advertise the ST as being 'From XXXX amount' until you get to the showroom and realise you have to spend an extra couple of grand buying the one that comes with seats and a steering wheel as standard. :wink:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No-one nicks the ST1 because they're so poorly specced, I'd rather walk! :tongue:聽 But seriously, they didn't sell many of them, and I believe they were even dropped from sale quite early on.聽 Just a marketing gimic so they can advertise the ST as being 'From XXXX amount' until you get to the showroom and realise you have to spend an extra couple of grand buying the one that comes with seats and a steering wheel as standard. :wink:

Yeah, they've done the same with the Mk 8, after the initial marketing the ST-1 has disappeared.聽

• Like 1

With the mark 7 ST, Ford didn鈥檛聽know at launch if people would pay more for the extra spec so offered a more basic one, it was mechanically the same just no gadgets, still had Recaros. It was 拢1k less than a ST2. They launched the ST3 after a year due to people ordering the ST2 with all the options.

For聽the mk8,聽after a while, they would realise the other specs were ordered more, so no point offering it if it鈥檚 not selling.

19 hours ago, MarksST said:

ST1 harder to steal because of the ignition key.

Reason why my son got himself an ST1 instead of an ST3.

I鈥檝e heard a lot about this theft issue with the Fiesta. Is there the same weakness on the Focus ST? I have keyless entry and keyless start on my ST and my TDCi Focus.聽

17 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I鈥檝e heard a lot about this theft issue with the Fiesta. Is there the same weakness on the Focus ST? I have keyless entry and keyless start on my ST and my TDCi Focus.聽

Yes.

• Thanks 1