Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 4 Sync 3 Skins via "testing" menu - Bad Idea

excession_ocp

Hi All!

Just a cautionary tale for this dark and rainy Monday night.  After being driven to boredom by the current situation, and after finding a YT video on the hidden testing menu in Sync 3 I decided that it would be a lark to change the skin of my Sync 3 system.  This was A Bad Idea.  I changed it to the ST skin and the screen went all low-res and stopped responding to touch,  I tried shutting down and restarting, but it was still the same. 

A sheen of sweat formed on my brow - the car is less than 4 weeks old and I was about to have to tell my Mrs that although I've worked in IT for 20 years, and have bricked all manner of devices, I'd managed to do it again on our precious new possession.

However!  A quick google for a button-activated reset procedure yielded the "push the volume button in and press the next track button" equivalent of the ol' three-finger salute and after a few tense bottom moments, the screen sprang into life with the correct skin present and all functionality restored.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else foolish enough to spend this enforced downtime fiddling with things that are hidden for a reason. Don't do it!  Stick to looking at naked ladies/gents (delete according to gender and/or preference) on the internet!

Here endeth the lesson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We've all been there aye.  😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club