Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 8 Fiesta Mountune MP140

Macky1710

Hi people,

I’m really thinking of heading down to Mountune when we’re allowed out to play and they’re back open and getting the MP140 remap for my ST-Line 125.

It’s a lovely car and fun to drive but I do sometimes wish I just had a bit more extra go. I want to keep my last year of warranty so Mountune is the only one I’d really consider, has anyone done it? Was it worth it? I’ve scoured the internet can’t find any user experience of it!

cheers

Hi Nathan, the earlier MP140 conversion for the Mk 7 1.6 seemed to get a lot of reviews, but since the thread below, I've seen no further mention of the current version for the Mk 8 1.0 - perhaps it's not proved very popular. Most people seem to have gone for the Superchips Bluefin and kept their fingers crossed warranty wise, though Superchips do offer a limited warranty for faults directly related to the remap. 

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hi Nathan, the earlier MP140 conversion for the Mk 7 1.6 seemed to get a lot of reviews, but since the thread below, I've seen no further mention of the current version for the Mk 8 1.0 - perhaps it's not proved very popular. Most people seem to have gone for the Superchips Bluefin and kept their fingers crossed warranty wise, though Superchips do offer a limited warranty for faults directly related to the remap. 

Hi Eric, I did see that thread, it seems to be one or very few mentions of it on the whole of the internet from what I can find! Must not be popular. 

Perhaps I’ll have to be the guinea pig and report back if/when I have it done.

I am in 2 minds of whether it is just better to put the money towards a faster car.

2 hours ago, Macky1710 said:

I am in 2 minds of whether it is just better to put the money towards a faster car.

Difficult one. The advantage of the Mountune is the Ford approval as you mention, but it doesn't really offer much of an increase. The Superchips gives around 155ps and a bigger torque increase (about +45Nm iirc) which I guess is why a lot of people have gone for it and seem to have been happy.

I mentioned in the old thread that I suspected the livelier feel of the factory 140 was due more to the lower overall gearing than the odd 15ps and, after 2 years, I still feel that. You can't do much about the gearing of course unless you start changing the final drive, so extra torque would offset this to some extent, so again another possible reason why the Superchips is more popular.

But unless you're planning to keep your present car longer term, my penn'orth is I think I'd be inclined to put the cash towards a more powerful car next time, avoiding worries about warranty, insurance declarations, etc.

I'd have thought Ford might put their 125 and 155 bhp 1.0 hybrids in the Fiesta this year but Corona has likely scuppered that.

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'd have thought Ford might put their 125 and 155 bhp 1.0 hybrids in the Fiesta this year but Corona has likely scuppered that.

I was told that Fiestas would be Hybrids by the end of this year by our Dealer's sales manager but as you say, the world falling apart has probably put an end to that for now.

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I was told that Fiestas would be Hybrids by the end of this year by our Dealer's sales manager but as you say, the world falling apart has probably put an end to that for now.

Yes, same story with mine, though what will happen now is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you had any issues with insurance for this conversion the please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.