Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox codes

Sctieco
聽Share

Hi I have purchased a used gearbox but the last two letters are different on the gearbox code mine is pd and the one I have purchased is pf will it fit thanks

I guess the part number of the original gearbox is CV6R-7002-PD and the part number of the replacement gearbox is聽CV6R-7002-PF. These are 6-speed Ford B6 gearboxes that are used specifically on the Focus 1,0 ECOboost.

Ford part numbers have a prefix, a main number and a suffix.

* The prefix (in this case CV6R) includes information about the Year the part was introduced (C=2012) vehicle type or vehicle platform (V6 = C1 platform), and the division that was responsible for the development of the part (R=Trans & Axle Manual).
* The main number (in this case 7002) identifies the particular part. 7002 is the code for transmission.
* The suffix (in this case PD or PF) identifies the version of the particular part (1st character) and the revision (2nd character) of the part. Every time that a part is improved/further developed the revision character changes. Some parts have additional suffix characters (for example interior trim parts) that indicate the particular color of the part.

In this case only the 2nd suffix character that identifies the revision of the part. This basically means that part numer CV6R-7002-PF is just a revised/improved version of part number聽CV6R-7002-PD. Both parts are listed in Ecat as being fully interchangeable.

• Like 1

Thankyou馃憤

• 1 year later...

Hi jw1982

thats great for you to share that. Would you know what the difference is when the part number starts 3c1r?聽
thanks in advance聽

• 4 weeks later...

@JW1982I know this is an old thread, but could you please help me with a similar question? I need the compatible gearbox reference numbers for my car by VIN.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club