Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fueling up

33Carl33

Hi all I have a 2013 Ford Focus 1.0 petrol and when I fill up the nozzle keeps clicking and only letting me put very small amount of fuel In at a time and it’s very frustrating any ideas what this could be and is there something I could sort out myself thanks in advance

Have you had the car long and if so has it just started to give you filling issues. If on the other hand you have only just bought it, When inserting nozzle put it in as far as it will go then let it rest on the filler neck before fueling. 

• Like 1

Could be the pump/nozzle...one pump does it to me all the time at my local Sainsbury's. On other occasions I pull the nozzle out a little and that stops it from happening.

I had to get an attendant out when mine did this, they got me to position the nozzle at 45 degrees, not dead straight and I've never had an issue since.

It seemed to be affected by a properly empty tank too, so now I try and allow the air in before I push the nozzle in all the way.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply’s , Yes not had the car long and I’ve tried to put nozzle in and leave to rest but still the same I thought there might be something wrong in the fuel tank it self 

when I first tried to fill my car I had the same problem when following the hand book instructions.I found the best way was to put the nozzle all the way in and just jiggle it about a bit and I've had no problem since.

27 minutes ago, billyboy said:

when I first tried to fill my car I had the same problem when following the hand book instructions.I found the best way was to put the nozzle all the way in and just jiggle it about a bit and I've had no problem since.

Swiss Tony likes your filling up method.😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club