Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soaking Wet Footwell Again!!

Amie07

It may sound a bit naff and old fashioned but the Citizens Advice Bureau are very good.

well i thought ide check for you today and i spoke to a friend at citizens advice so her goes the car is covered under the sale of goods act ammended 1979 this states that dealers are basically like a shop if you buy something that is not fot for the purpose you have the right to return and get it repaired or replaced you only have to accept one repair attempt if the fault is still present you have the right to a replacement vehicle of similar year mileage and value...if the car was sold with a fault from the manufacturing process then the car is not fit for its purpose as a car should be dry inside and wet outside youres wasnt this caused unforseen damage to the carpets..as the damage was caused by a fault that meant the vehicle was not fit for its purpose and you have had the garage try previously to repair and locate the fault which they didnt do correctly the damage is not youre fault nor should you be asked to pay for that damage it is between the manufacturer of the vehicle and or the dealer who sold it to you to replace the carpets free of charge asyou had informed them of the fault on two previous occasions if they tell you that youll have to pay simply tell them you cantacted citizens advice and qoute the sale of goods act 1979 ammended and tell them that the fault meant the car was unsuitable for its purpose and that they have been made aware of the issue more than once and its a manufacturing fault that caused the issue you will not pay for carpets damaged because the car was not manufactured correctly you want new carpet fitted free of charge or you will contacvt the citizens advice again and they will start a case on youre behalf.

well i thought ide check for you today and i spoke to a friend at citizens advice so her goes the car is covered under the sale of goods act ammended 1979 this states that dealers are basically like a shop if you buy something that is not fot for the purpose you have the right to return and get it repaired or replaced you only have to accept one repair attempt if the fault is still present you have the right to a replacement vehicle of similar year mileage and value...if the car was sold with a fault from the manufacturing process then the car is not fit for its purpose as a car should be dry inside and wet outside youres wasnt this caused unforseen damage to the carpets..as the damage was caused by a fault that meant the vehicle was not fit for its purpose and you have had the garage try previously to repair and locate the fault which they didnt do correctly the damage is not youre fault nor should you be asked to pay for that damage it is between the manufacturer of the vehicle and or the dealer who sold it to you to replace the carpets free of charge asyou had informed them of the fault on two previous occasions if they tell you that youll have to pay simply tell them you cantacted citizens advice and qoute the sale of goods act 1979 ammended and tell them that the fault meant the car was unsuitable for its purpose and that they have been made aware of the issue more than once and its a manufacturing fault that caused the issue you will not pay for carpets damaged because the car was not manufactured correctly you want new carpet fitted free of charge or you will contacvt the citizens advice again and they will start a case on youre behalf.

Wow! Thanks for that artscot! You're a star! :)

I did tentatively look into contacting citizens advice but when the manager took over the repair I was a bit more confident with the situation so thought I wouldnt need it, but now after what he said to me on fri about the carpets I'm thinking I may need them afterall so will definately put that to him if he does say I have 2 fork out my cash.

He's supposed to be calling me again tomorrow with another progress report so I'll see what he says then.

Thanks everyone for your advice :D

smile.gif

Wow! Thanks for that artscot! You're a star! smile.gif

I did tentatively look into contacting citizens advice but when the manager took over the repair I was a bit more confident with the situation so thought I wouldnt need it, but now after what he said to me on fri about the carpets I'm thinking I may need them afterall so will definately put that to him if he does say I have 2 fork out my cash.

He's supposed to be calling me again tomorrow with another progress report so I'll see what he says then.

Thanks everyone for your advice biggrin.gif

no worries you never know it might be fixed and ready for you

smile.gif

hey im new here lol, basically water leaks are nighmares so im afraid you just have to be patient with the garage, i work with the guy who does all the focus CC waterleaks in scotland for ford, and he had a wee new style ford KA and he thought he had sorted it loads of times and it came back in a couple of times afterwards, if i remeber right there was a pinhole in one of the spotwelds under the roof strips, like an impossible small hole that was causing it, so please dont be angry at the garage, be angry at the people who made it

It is concerning that the problem lies at the factory in regards to the quality of the welding (or rather, lack of it). Seeing as the spot welds are done robotically, how could Ford possibly get this wrong? This is going to cost Ford a lot in warranty repair work.

It is concerning that the problem lies at the factory in regards to the quality of the welding (or rather, lack of it). Seeing as the spot welds are done robotically, how could Ford possibly get this wrong? This is going to cost Ford a lot in warranty repair work.

well im not sure hit works but fiat have suffered from it a lot over the last few years im assuming fiat are making the body for ford so if thats the case then ford ka will suffer the same weld issues isnt with all cars it just seems to be so many in a line the problem with the fiat was that the weld as good as it looked had minute holes in it where the weld wasnt done correctlky i can only assume the robots cocked up as we know they are programmed by humans and arent infallible mistakes are made so it could be a similar situation the welds normally on cars are seam sealed anyway so if there was a hole its sealed that doesnt seem to be the case with some of these newer cars

Well, got my baby back 2day! :D The carpet got replaced by some from another brand new ka they had there, i said "oh but has it REALLY?" and he said we'll show you the one we've taken it out of if you like, I said that wasnt necessary, but he did show me my old carpet which was piled up at the back in the workshop! lol

Anyway so fingers crossed that's the end of any leakage and atleast the carpets not gonna stink in a few months.

It was so funny today when I went in I got the proper 'royal' treatment, only thing that was missing was the red carpet! lol Amazing what a bit of 'complaining' in the right places does! :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club