Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Have you had the letter ?

Hostahousey

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol I think a lot of us are trying that. It might not work, but after a few glasses, who cares?😀

Water, not alcohol! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Just looking at the news you can see why they have to treat the public like we are absolute tools. The minority make it worse for the rest of us. 

I guess the justification to send the advice to all households is that people can’t say they didn’t know. 

Screenshot from a FB group earlier this week! 🙄

I believe it was cancelled in the end but only after concern was raised by numerous people.

Screenshot_20200404-135229.png

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not everyone has access to the internet tbf.  And half of the stuff online is wrong now...  Unfortunately my Dad is one of those that believes everything he sees online after years of telling me not to trust people in real life. 🤦‍♂️   He's one of those trying to wash the virus away by drinking more. :rolleyes:  And I've got 3 elderly relatives with no internet access at all.  Hopefully they'll watch the news on TV or hear it on the radio, but I guess it's still a choice to do that, whereas you can't really avoid a letter, you have to physically do something with it, even if that's just picking it up and glancing at it whilst walking it to the bin.

My problem with the letter is that everything is changing so quickly, I don't see how a letter written last week can still be totally relevant & correct now.

Yep, I'm doing that alright!! :wine:

Oh right, you can ignore my last post then.  I'm doing it slightly different :laugh:

• Haha 1

Completely ineffective! Hic!😀

• Haha 1

Heading back towards the topic...people are literally burning 5G masts now after reading fake news online...

No wonder the government think we're all idiots!! 😲

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Heading back towards the topic...people are literally burning 5G masts now after reading fake news online...

No wonder the government think we're all idiots!! 😲

My uncle messaged me about that, I really do think there should be some sort of purge one of these days!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

My uncle messaged me about that, I really do think there should be some sort of purge one of these days!

Tbf if they're all gathering around these masts it'll only take one with Corona to take them all out...  They won't be socially distancing or coughing considerately as they don't believe it's spread like that.... :laugh:

Don't think the Scottish Chief Medical Officer got the LETTER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hostahousey said:

Don't think the Scottish Chief Medical Officer got the LETTER.

What's worse is she was the one giving out the advice in Scotland. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I thought she was just concerned about the Scot's and personally visiting each one to deliver the guidelines. :wink: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Was being the operative word: thank goodness.

I'm SNP and respect the FM's views/decisions but I could not condone that.  There is absolutely no excuse and you cannot retain your position after such an infraction of YOUR OWN guidelines.

Guess what I've just received?

20200409_122632.thumb.jpg.f7faeade774ef7e6757461ae38c7fdf2.jpg

And guess where it's going...

20200409_122623.thumb.jpg.a2cc79d4a7c4d604151fffa5d148bcbc.jpg

Is that it?  It looks fake!  Surely someone with an Etonian education can write better than that... :unsure:  Someone should've suggested Grammarly! :laugh: 

Received this morning, readdressed as return to sender will put in the post box later on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

Received this morning, readdressed as return to sender will put in the post box later on.

What's the point of that?  The postal service is under enough pressure at the moment!

• Like 1

The letter came 2 days go, nothing in it you don't already know, has an illustrated tri-fold 'brochure' in the envelope with it giving you instructions of how to wash your hands, social distancing, work and travel etc. No stamp, it's just being distributed by the PO. The however Million it cost was for the printing and paper, Just another item of junk mail!

• Like 1

I'm gonna keep mine and take it to the Antiques Roadshow in 2060...  Be worth a fortune as the rest will have all been binned! :biggrin: 

Sell it on eBay like all the other junk.
Surely whoever wrote it and then put Bojos digital signature on it could have done a better job of proofreading it to omit the poor spacing and to word it at least have a try at making sense.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 1

The letter should have been printed on bog paper, at least then it would have been of some use!

• Like 3

Got mine yesterday agree with most posts 

Don't know if any of you play cards against humanity but I've just seen how well they fit the envelope on FB, it's even the same font...  :lol:  This is one of the more forum friendly ones! :biggrin:  

92789851_10163488336915066_2923227597187842048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=bwe9eKVViTkAX8Qo7fJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=799593109fb6cb85252a8729ffa8d2c5&oe=5EB6CFB6

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's good Tom, I can just imagine the other options... :laugh:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's good Tom, I can just imagine the other options... :laugh:

If you were on Facebook you wouldn't have to just imagine them... :wink: :laugh: