Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Parking Sensors Issue

plasticpat

G'evening all , my apologies if I've just posted a topic already covered but here goes ... 

Having recently removed the bumper cover chasing a suspected leak , I disconnected the multiplug for the rear parking sensors . 

Since I've put all back together again , one of the park sensors is in 'having a canary' mode i.e. it goes straight to red on the screen when I select reverse gear . 

Thanks in advance if anyone knows what is causing this . 

Replies may well be delayed , it's a takeaway tonight 😁

Clean the sensor and connections up first 👍

On 4/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, plasticpat said:

Replies may well be delayed , it's a takeaway tonight 😁

Lucky you, for some reason, despite government rules to the contrary, all my local ones have shut! 😐

Update on sensors , cleaning them apparently wasn't the issue . 

The full story is , the car's fitted with a Witter flange towbar and Witter bike carrier bracket . 

I started and reversed (inches) without realising I'd left the main sensor plug disconnected . I didn't realise the full significance of the onscreen message until I went to refit the bike bracket . 

Strangely enough though , yesterday the problem appeared to have righted itself. 

Today it's back to red on screen . 

Do I have any options other than take off the bike carrier bracket ? 

I'm learning (the hard way) ... 

Are the sensors angled ? When there are other things fixed on the back the sensors need to be pointed away in some cases 

worth a look they may of been in the other way round .

9 hours ago, MrRedman said:

Are the sensors angled ? When there are other things fixed on the back the sensors need to be pointed away in some cases 

worth a look they may of been in the other way round .

Never had a problem even when I put the towbar on 18 months ago or so , the electrics a little later and the bike bracket was last to be fitted . 

It's one of the middle pair , not angled . They all worked fine up until I moved the car with the sensors unplugged . 

It appears that since then , the driver side sensor closest to bike bracket now'sees' the bracket as an obstruction . 

Works fine with the towbar and 7 pin plug , even when I hang the bracket on with the bolts loose but the sensor sees red again when I tighten up the bolts ... 🤔

On 4/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, StephenFord said:

Lucky you, for some reason, despite government rules to the contrary, all my local ones have shut! 😐

Btw , the Supermacs branches here are all closed , not sure about BurgerK etc but the independents are operating as takeaways only . 

Have you tried powering it down for a bit to see if it resets? 
easiest way disconnect the battery for an hour 

7 hours ago, MrRedman said:

Have you tried powering it down for a bit to see if it resets? 
easiest way disconnect the battery for an hour 

Cheers , will try that . 

I'll have to live with it til end of this lockdown though 

I'll need to get the radio code first though as the Ford Audio book was missing when I bought the car . 

Will let you know if it works . 

Scratch that , I'm getting reaquainted with the owners manual (containing the audio info 😁 )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, plasticpat said:

Scratch that , I'm getting reaquainted with the owners manual (containing the audio info 😁 )

But I can't find any mention of a security code for the 'ice' ... 

The plot thickens (and I'm talkin to myself 😯

57 minutes ago, MrRedman said:

They don’t have a code anymore 

24 carat info , I just wasn't sure if there was/wasn't some other kind of factory fitted obstacle to newer type radios . 

Thank you MrRedman 🍻

• Like 1

Well , I'm just in from reconnecting the battery

It's still the same , goes straight to red . 

🙁

Cheers all . 

• 2 years later...

Just to tie up the loose end here , my reverse park sensors now only respond as and when they should . I had the bike carrier bracket on the tow-bar altered . 😁
A valuable lesson learned ... 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club