Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things you would touch with a "Bargepole"

Nathan Buffery

I read a post recently where @Bobr claimed he "would not touch it with a Bargepole" and because I work the night shift and I'm bored, I got to thinking.......what would you touch with a barge pole? 

The question is not aimed directlcy at you @Bobr and I hope you don't mind me naming you. 

• Like 2

Not at all mate.   Look forward to some interesting answers.😂   Incidentally, what do you do on Nights?   I used to work nights myself.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Incidentally, what do you do on Nights? 

I'm an officer on a ship. So mostly I look out the window and make sure we don't bump into other ships and rocks!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

I read a post recently where @Bobr claimed he "would not touch it with a Bargepole" and because I work the night shift and I'm bored, I got to thinking.......what would you touch with a barge pole? 

The question is not aimed directlcy at you @Bobr and I hope you don't mind me naming you. 

What do you work at? 

Although I'm a happily married man; I wouldn't touch my next door neighbours wife with a badge pole shes in rag order, 

Also mustard and my dog after walking him thismorning; as during the walk he rolled himself in another dogs ***** on purpose now he stinks like a horse 🤷‍♂️

Need to find out why he done that this is the second time, 

So who's wife would you touch with a barge pole, @Lenny?? 

My dog prefers to roll in fox poo. Can't get enough of it, and it stinks. I think I heard somewhere it's a way to cover up their own smell so they can hunt better. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nathan Buffery said:

So who's wife would you touch with a barge pole, @Lenny?? 

My dog prefers to roll in fox poo. Can't get enough of it, and it stinks. I think I heard somewhere it's a way to cover up their own smell so they can hunt better. 

Cant say 😅 some aren't even married 

Perhaps it was fox poo as it was in a forest near our home; I went off the walk way for a bit to allow others to pass in a bid to maintain social distance then he was rolling in it 😲

He is a Bearnese Beagle Hound so that would make sense about the hunting 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

I'm an officer on a ship. So mostly I look out the window and make sure we don't bump into other ships and rocks!! 

Do you get the barge pole out if you're getting a bit close to another ship? :biggrin: 

• Like 1

@Lenny our beagle loves to roll in fox poo.  Absolutely loves it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you get the barge pole out if you're getting a bit close to another ship?

I would but it blew away! Working West of Shetland at the moment and it's a tab bit windy!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

@Lenny our beagle loves to roll in fox poo.  Absolutely loves it.

I've given him a bath outside 

Hes now self isolating 😅 wouuuhhh!!!

20200114_222513.thumb.jpg.1367f1002d57a1953e36f1ac1710d9cc.jpg

• Like 2

All dogs do that.   I've had dogs all my life (I'm 83) and they have all done it.   Had a Border Collie once who was as good a gold but the times I had to chuck her in a pond were legion.   Her favourite was fish that had been dead for some considerable time. I certainly wouldn't have touched her with anything then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

All dogs do that.   I've had dogs all my life (I'm 83) and they have all done it.   Had a Border Collie once who was as good a gold but the times I had to chuck her in a pond were legion.   Her favourite was fish that had been dead for some considerable time. I certainly wouldn't have touched her with anything then.

I feed our lad a tin of John west boneless sardines in Sunflower oil twice per week mixed in with a cup of his dry food in the morning after his walk,

He absolutely loves it, helps with brain development aswell as keeping his joints and coat healthy. 

He does be sucking the lips off himself while I'm mixing the bowl 😂

• Like 1

I waved at you over the garden fence this morning @Lenny needless to say you Ignored me. 😞

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mozz said:

I waved at you over the garden fence this morning @Lenny needless to say you Ignored me. 😞

Didn't get that one 😅 perhaps a different person ?

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Didn't get that one 😅 perhaps a different person ?

My missus sends her love. (read your earlier post, lol)

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club