Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Estate Rear Light Problems

Clint Thrust

Hi All,

Anyone know what fuse it is for the rear lights on a 2008 Mondeo Estate Titanium X? The ones in the boot lid with the triple bulb holder. I can't find any info anywhere. If it's not the fuse, anyone know any common problems that can kill both the rear lights?

TIA.

2 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Have a look here on the fordwiki. Note that there are 2 fuseboxes. 

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fuse_%26_Relay_Information_-_Mk4

There's 3 in the estate, sorry but can't remember which fuse is for what, but you can download the relevant handbook and the ansewr will be in there

Oh yeah, 3 fuseboxes! Umm, I know it's stating the bleeding obvious, but have you tested the bulbs, not just looked at them visually... I ask 'cos when I've had a blown bulb, and I've taken the bulb out and inspected it, visually the filament looks intact, but on the meter it's measured open circuit... 🤔 

Thanks guys but in all those fuse guides there is no mention of the lights? Garage it is then.

2 hours ago, Clint Thrust said:

Thanks guys but in all those fuse guides there is no mention of the lights? Garage it is then.

Did you actually check the bulbs as per my suggestion? 

20 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Did you actually check the bulbs as per my suggestion? 

Yes I did, and they are fine. Like I said, none of the fuse layouts mention the rear lights so I'm at a loss so far.

Cheers.

Hi, do the other bulbs in the cluster work OK? Also, what about the number plate bulbs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club