Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil life

DaveG1975

Does anybody know how to reset oil life notification on 2019 focus

It should be in the dash menu, I say should because mine was, but took it in for recall/update over oil life warning on diesel engines, and the oil life has been remove from the menus. Will ask them to put it back at the next service.

Ok will have look in morning I’ve seen on older focus you hold down the brake and accelerater pedal down for about 15 sec

You can do it via the FordPass app or in the car if you go on the information menu within the dash, it shows you oil life, go to it press ok and once it shows you the value, hold the ok button and it will be reset.

2 hours ago, Murat123 said:

You can do it via the FordPass app or in the car if you go on the information menu within the dash, it shows you oil life, go to it press ok and once it shows you the value, hold the ok button and it will be reset.

People keep saying it's in the Fordpass app, but has never been on mine ??

15 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

People keep saying it's in the Fordpass app, but has never been on mine ??

Once you open the fordpass app, (I'm assuming you have already linked your phone to your vehicle), go to the vehicle details section and wait a little. It will load up all the details i.e. the location, mileage etc. You would see it showing you the oil life in percentages, tap on it and you can reset it from there.

9 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

It should be in the dash menu, I say should because mine was, but took it in for recall/update over oil life warning on diesel engines, and the oil life has been remove from the menus. Will ask them to put it back at the next service.

The recall was partly to remove it. They won't put it back on. 

9 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

Does anybody know how to reset oil life notification on 2019 focus

Can I ask why you want to know? 

It’s never worked on my ford pass app 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

Can I ask why you want to know? 

Used to do it on my old cars all the time when I did my own servicing.  If they had a service counter.

Still can’t find anywhere to reset the oil life it’s not in the settings of the car and it’s not in the ford pass app either any other ideas

So you haven't got it under Settings, Information, oil Life?

That's odd.

6 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Used to do it on my old cars all the time when I did my own servicing.  If they had a service counter.

Yeah, I can understand that but the car is 2019. Surely he is not doing his own service on a car under warranty? 

• Like 1

No I’m not I just had it serviced at a ford dealership about 3 weeks ago and the oil life came on at the weekend like I say nothing in the he settings and ford pass app it’s a focus vignale diesel if that helps 

Should still be the same as earlier models.
Ignition on but engine not started then press and hold brake and accelerator pedals down together until a reset message shows and times down.

Sent from my SM-G965F

38 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Should still be the same as earlier models.
Ignition on but engine not started then press and hold brake and accelerator pedals down together until a reset message shows and times down.

Sent from my SM-G965F

Nearly,  except for reset message may not appear. The oil service message should just go out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

No I’m not I just had it serviced at a ford dealership about 3 weeks ago and the oil life came on at the weekend like I say nothing in the he settings and ford pass app it’s a focus vignale diesel if that helps 

That's ok . If you had initially said that, then resetting would be ok. It's just the reset has been removed as folk see the option to reset in the menu then  reset and continue to drive , not get oil changed. The effect of this is the engine can go pop after a while. 

Ford now monitor resets via the app and or check resets if there's an engine warranty claim. Resets should co-inside with proof of  oil change. If not then warranty may not pay a claim. 

You resetting it after 3 weeks will be ok though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is not anywhere to reset it oil life has never appeared in the ford pass app I’m have problems with battery holding charges as well been into dealers they say alternator is and battery is ok but I’ve had the aa out two is of a flat battery they said it had battery drain went into dealer again they said there is nothing wrong with it

They could solve all this by not having strange fixed 18k service intervals that don't coincide with oil changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably under the service menu.

From cold engine, press and hold the OK button on the steering wheel. Then turn on the ignition. Hold OK until an E appears in the top of the cluster display. Will give you technitians menu.

• 2 years later...

Hi, we have a Ford focus st xline 2022, it has a ‘digital’ dash and linked to the app on phone can anyone enlighten us on how we reset it to confirm it has had an oil change please, doesn’t seem to be anything in the car to do this we have tried the advice given about the app on phone but nothing is seeming to work!

Ford dealer reset only for newer models now. 

Or you can use FORScan and a vLinker FS cable. 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, DaveG1975 said:

If it was me, I would take it back to the dealership as they should have reset it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Ford dealer reset only for newer models now. 

Or you can use FORScan and a vLinker FS cable. 

What do they class as newer models? my car had it's first service last year and they reset oil life.

Difficult to give an exact answer.

Some models for example 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 originally had the ability for the owner to reset the oil Life indicator. Many of those vehicles no longer have that ability after a software update performed by the Ford dealer while in for a service. This means that either the reset has to be performed by a Ford dealer or you have to use the FORScan software to reset it.

• Like 1