Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow module in edge

Ydda2

Hi I have a 2017 edge sport 210 bhp model ford have told me that it does not have the tow module on it so they can not code it to display trailer attached on screen when I checked yesterday taking off rear inside panel I found it had a fomoco MOD&BRKT ASY TRLR ELE   DG-9T 19H3780F  163102   PLD  ARO1YQK. DUNS NO 401154265 Supplier code GLEKB   PN 28512441 fitted with the correct plugs and two wires with 15 amp fuses in proper fuse holders fitted is this not the tow module and if not what is it and what else does it need to correctly identify when towing it has sync 3 screen it is a witter detachable tow bar and all the lights work on caravan as it should and it does work caravan fridge and pin 9 is permanent live on 13 pin plug 

The Module you have found is a Trailer Tow Module but its not showing on ETIS as it has never been configured. I would say that when things get back to normal. Try and use a different Dealer and you might have more success.

All it needs is hooking up to IDS and configuring.

H

Thank you Hamster for your help  I will do that keep safe every one in these trying times 

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Ydda2 said:

Thank you Hamster for your help  I will do that keep safe every one in these trying times 

I had same issue, Ford said they could not code my Ford trailer module. However, latest beta version of Forscan, 2.3.33 has done the coding and all now works well. You will need a HS and MS adaptor to do the programming yourself along with a free extended forscan licence

Andy

• Like 2

Hi Andy just got forscan and elm327 obd2 usb plug just need courage to do it watched loads of you tube videos on subject waiting for lock down to finish then son can come and help do it Andy did you take your edge to ford at york as that is who could not do mine 

Edited by Ydda2
Added extra

Hi Ydda2, yes, Stoneacre could not do it.  You will need latest Forscan 2.3.33 (you will need the extended licence if you don't have one already, they are free for 2 months), in the configuration and programming section they have added a trailer configuration option, will only work if you have installed the Ford Trailer Module (generic ones or non-ford will not work), run that and everything should work as it enables specific options in about 4 modules of the car

Andy

All done now updated to forscan 2.3.33 as Andy said already had elm obd 11 usb plug with ms &  hs toggle switch on took all of ten mins to do so thank you to Andy and the team at forscan who did the upgrade to forscan 2.3.33 that now makes it easy to program the tow module 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club