Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What you guys up to during lockdown?

zain611

Thought this might get the forum active again. Currently on my laptop revising for an exam tomorrow. Due to lockdown they had to change the way the exam will take place so now they are going to send the paper online then have to complete and submit it tomorrow morning. So have 24 hours to complete the questions plus that doesn't stop me using the Internet for information which you can't normally do. Hope it goes really well for me, wish me luck. 

After Monday might pressure wash the driveway. Need to do some proactive stuff to keep my mental health going 

• Like 1

Having a rare day off.
Gave the dogs a good run this morning then washed / dried them so they are now all fresh and spotless (won't last long).
This afternoon I was fixing a colleagues laptop due to a siezed drive.
Afterwards I had a quick burn on Ghost Recon Wildlands before cooking stir fry for tea.
Now chilling with a film.
Back on duty at 2am.
(I don't sleep much btw [emoji57])

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I still work during this lockdown, but I'm off currently.

I do some jobs around the house and in the garden.

Play a bit on Xbox, currently replaying RDR 2. I try not to play for long stints though.

Watch movies, tv shows on Netflix and Disney +, started Better Call Saul recently, onto season 2 now.

Browse the internet and drink lots of coffee throughout the day, currently drinking a cuppa now with a packet of chocolate hobnobs😋

Still need to get the ideal weather to wash and polish my car, doing it over a few days, next week I think I start it, as today we have rain due and its windy here, tomorrow have rain in the morning.

• Like 1

Went out today after staying at home for a few days straight on my laptop and went to the local shops to get food with mum. Found this corona juice. Tried not to get close to it 😂

Screenshot_20200417-144228.png

• Like 2

I'm exhaustly busy as ever, delivering food for a well known supermarket to all you in isolation and our regular customers.  So look after yourself in isolation and get off the road, stay home stay safe.

• Like 1

Basically I do the same during this lockdown as I do normally. I barely go out anyway due to my mental health so this isn't anything new to me. 
I play a lot of PS4 (mostly GTA Online) but have recently been playing Life is Strange 2 and RDR2 story. 
I've also tried to finish a few model kits during this time which had been stashed away due to not having a workspace to use.
Other than that it's just Netflix, amazon Prime, Disney+ (mainly The Simpsons) or some TV from the likes of Discovery Channel or Nat Geo. 

• Like 1

I work in IT so can do my job remotely so I've been working every day.  

• Like 1

Been working in the garden! WAY out of my comfort zone 😃

Painted the fence/balustrade yesterday, still needs another coat. 

Today I cleared up under the bushes behind said fence, about 3 years worth of leaves and debris. Big pile of twigs and branches for burning and 2 big heavy bags of leaves and composted material lifted. Still about another bag of what looks like good compost to be lifted once it drys out a bit. 

IMG_20200416_143425040.jpg

IMG_20200417_194631587.jpg

• Like 2

I can't work from home. So been in the garden doing jobs. Got an old pine bed I'm cutting up to make a garden table . But later this afternoon the weather has got rainy. So maybe indoor jobs tommorow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Went out today after staying at home for a few days straight on my laptop and went to the local shops to get food with mum. Found this corona juice. Tried not to get close to it 😂

Could have been worse!!!

89850899_10221962585159072_8623346366661263360_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've not done as much as I thought I would have,
I'll think of the jobs that need doing, then just have a coffee and do a little photo or video editing, then it's time for bed lol.
Thought about playing Project Cars 2 for a bit, but I've not even bothered to get the wheel setup yet.
The only other game I play is Arma 3 and they've just released a single player scenario Old Man (I don't play Multi Player so been waiting for this),
I've not been sleeping well so waited a couple of days until I'm in the mood to play it, should fill in an afternoon.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, zain611 said:

Please ensure you carefully check the best before dates when buying that stuff.  You certainly don't want a bad Case of Corona!!

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

Been working in the garden! WAY out of my comfort zone 😃

Painted the fence/balustrade yesterday, still needs another coat. 

Today I cleared up under the bushes behind said fence, about 3 years worth of leaves and debris. Big pile of twigs and branches for burning and 2 big heavy bags of leaves and composted material lifted. Still about another bag of what looks like good compost to be lifted once it drys out a bit. 

IMG_20200416_143425040.jpg

IMG_20200417_194631587.jpg

Same view a couple of days later! I've found a path I didn't realise we had! 😃

IMG_20200418_143209250_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Currently doing the driveway of the house. Will show more when it's done 😊

Screenshot_20200421-155335.png

• Like 2

Did mine last week, does look better with the green moss and dirt gone. 

It time I washed the dust off my car again. Only washed it off twice so far in 7 days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Did mine last week, does look better with the green moss and dirt gone. 

It time I washed the dust off my car again. Only washed it off twice so far in 7 days. 

Planning on cleaning mine. Doesn't look that dirty however it has a lot of that grity dust on it

Screenshot_20200421-173024.png

• Like 1

Finally done. Need something else to do now. Thankfully I'm going to go out food shopping so keeps me busy 

Screenshot_20200421-181709.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Finally done. Need something else to do now. Thankfully I'm going to go out food shopping so keeps me busy 

Screenshot_20200421-181709.png

Good job! 👍

Very satisfying seeing it when it's finished 😎

• Like 3

As I'm an essential worker im a chemical process operator, manufacturing active ingredients for pharmaceuticals and busy stock piling parts for two vaccines currently in clinical trials?; 

I've been busier than usual in work; still doing six days per week but some days are twelve hours now instead of eight, 

In work I'm now using the car for my lunch breaks which is different; I've been working on installing a tv tuner in the focus during my time off which has worked out perfectly; 

20200418_063420.thumb.jpg.41e5b87e786dafb4031ce7d6247f9961.jpg

The tv tuner  is installed via RCA input; the pioneer headunit also has a HDMI input; so I purchased a 12v socket sized; HDMI & USB socket loom, 

20200421_184022.thumb.jpg.9fca904394e7125176497d7e624bd2cd.jpg

I'm going to fit this inside the centre console arm rest to replace the existing 12v socket; 

I can then plug in a Google Chrome Cast and power it via the USB socket which will provide streaming capabilities from Youtubd Netflix and amazon Prime via my mobile phone, I find television easier to watch rather than listening to the radio as theres less reminders of "tough times" "most difficult times" " hardest of times" which you hear from every single advertisement. 

I do miss interacting with work colleagues and I'm sick of going through police checkpoints when travelling to and from work; I generally meet two per journey there and another two on the journey home as I live in the neighbouring town to the town which I work in, i then have one on exit of home town and entrance of work town.

It's also a struggle to walk our dog "Liam" i used to really enjoy walking him in the forests around the county aswell as taking him to the beach. 

I find myself Shopping on amazon slot now for a few little bit for the car; I'll be re-doing the rear dewiper bung as the existing one is rubber; I found a model specific glass bung which is much cleaner, I'm also replacing the ford logo puddle lights which stopped working a while back and I'm awaiting delivery of a Bosch S5 battery to maintain the power in the vehicle as the existing Bosch s4 is slowly on the way out during the cold mornings recently. Had to import it as the local shop is in lockdown 🤷‍♂️

20200421_184002.thumb.jpg.083b2ad9b8199442f7242be66faa2977.jpg

20200421_183943.thumb.jpg.ccc1522a2017942a4c947e2a1f614f72.jpg

I created a guide to fitting these a few years back; recently the bulbs have blown so here's a replacement set which aren't a big job to install considering that I fitted crimp terminals to the existing cables already fitted: Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

I'm also looking at 12v Diesel parking heater units which are a miniature boiler with it's own little diesel tank and exhaust but theres alot of work in fitting although they are remote control with timer lol could set it for my lunch breaks.

Overall for me then; I'm finding the current lock down very difficult for my family and stressful having to justify myself every day at checkpoints and not being able to enjoy my time off; the few little jobs on the car are just a distraction for me to do in the meantime,

I would prefer to be putting a plywood floor down inside my attic and relocating the water header tank to a coffin tank moved to the side to create a full open space up there; but the DIY shops are all closed here; 

amazon is all I can do for now; so a few little jobs on the car is it for me. 

I am noticing a Saving in money by not being able to purchase takeaways or dinners from Petrol stations anywhere; however the cost of living has increased due to limited options of stock in the shops; the regular or cheaper options are not always available anymore only premium variations of some items remain; 

I do have my eye on a nice big flask in Tesco which would be great for my coffee in the car; might get to it next month 😅 I'm using a little plastic basket to hold all lunch items on the passenger seat which is handy for transporting in and out of the house. 

It's all a different way of life but I've found there is still an enjoyable life out there; I just need to get up at 7am to be able to go out there and enjoy it before others get out of bed aswell. 

• Like 2

Went to get mum from shopping in the morning. Took a cheeky picture 😜. Need some stuff to keep busy too. After a long time I played my play list and blasting it out. Forgot that the aux input isn't that bad. Was getting some good bass from the underseat sub

Screenshot_20200422-130238.png

• Like 3

Nice picture man. I'm bored. Not really meant to go out at all but my house backs onto fields so I often go for a cycle once a day. Can't go to the shops or work currently as I'm "vunrable" utter madness this is. I'm very bored. Been playing a LOT of fallout. Completed New Vegas and all dlcs. Now doing fallout 4 and all Dlcs

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Removed the rear bumper of the car, going to wire wheel most of the rust underneath and coat with Hydrate 80 then something on top of that, also trying to sort out why one of exhaust tip sticks out beyond the bumper and the other doesn't (looks like a bent bracket). Also going to change the plugs, do an oil change and change the front discs and pads and then cry my eyes out while my car is stuck in my garage when I could be out on the open road.

Edit : I would even be happy stuck in a traffic jam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:

Nice picture man. I'm bored. Not really meant to go out at all but my house backs onto fields so I often go for a cycle once a day. Can't go to the shops or work currently as I'm "vunrable" utter madness this is. I'm very bored. Been playing a LOT of fallout. Completed New Vegas and all dlcs. Now doing fallout 4 and all Dlcs

On ps4 there's these two new games they give for free. Yesterday started playing shadow of the colossus. That game really is a masterpiece in terms of the scenery. Have uncharted 4 which I'll play after finishing the trilogy I have. Might get crash team racing nitro fueled after watching people do the time trials. 

Next week might wash the car including dads one. Will start fasting soon so have to see how I feel. Think I'm getting over that girl I liked also which really hasn't been helping me in lockdown and my mental health . Self respect really helps which I'm building on by looking at my physical appearance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Fallout4 is excellent; I played it on the playstation 4 a few years back along with the DLC's I think there is another one out since four but I dont have a console anymore 

I used to watch a guy on YouTube; Robert does some great narration for games very entertaining fella.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Robbaz 

• Like 2

Put a second coat of paint on the fence, took less time than the first one, still took me a few hours though. 

Hopefully won't have to do it again for a couple of years 🤞

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club