Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What you guys up to during lockdown?

zain611

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

Fallout4 is excellent; I played it on the playstation 4 a few years back along with the DLC's I think there is another one out since four but I dont have a console anymore 

I used to watch a guy on YouTube; Robert does some great narration for games very entertaining fella.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Robbaz 

Massive fallout fan here. Fallout 4 is good. Its not as good as new vegas though. lot better story lines and options to go down. Currently working my way through the dlc for fallout 4 though that i havnt done yet. So dont give anything away. Anything bethesda wise tends to be good. Just for the modding community really, the amount of things you can do is insane. I like the fact that there are plenty of people adding new areas and missions fully voice acted and what not. Just makes the game so much bigger ontop of whats already a big game. I dont game often but when i do its usually fallout or skyrim 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:

Massive fallout fan here. Fallout 4 is good. Its not as good as new vegas though. lot better story lines and options to go down. Currently working my way through the dlc for fallout 4 though that i havnt done yet. So dont give anything away. Anything bethesda wise tends to be good. Just for the modding community really, the amount of things you can do is insane. I like the fact that there are plenty of people adding new areas and missions fully voice acted and what not. Just makes the game so much bigger ontop of whats already a big game. I dont game often but when i do its usually fallout or skyrim 

Bioshock might be a good game for you. Really great game. Finished the first game and currently going over the second one 

• Like 3

Bioshock might be a good game for you. Really great game. Finished the first game and currently going over the second one 
Played bio shocks right from the original when I used to game all the time. They're indeed great games. Didn't like infinite as much though.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bought one of these VHS to Memory Card conversion kits from Amazon 

Going to spend some time transferring all of the Hi-8 camcorder videos of our kids across to the HardDrive of the computer; 

Takes alot of time to do; well real time to be exact because the unit itself records from the input as it displays 

You can walk away from it and make as much noise as you want; around it while its operating, but need to keep an eye for it finishing in order to stop the recording.

I can then transfer the files on to external storage where there further future proofed as the tapes will deteriorate over time with fluctuations in temperature etc. 

Heres a link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VM60I8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title 

20200423_145206.thumb.jpg.05815849ec944e467875467e70038b4e.jpg

20200423_150208.thumb.jpg.2302df2ef903945346fc0d1c7d09eeb8.jpg

• Like 3

Do like getting this game today 😊. Will have to see how long it will take to arrive 

Screenshot_20200423-170050.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Do like getting this game today 😊. Will have to see how long it will take to arrive 

Screenshot_20200423-170050.png

So 90's man 

Even the fact you purchased a disc rather than download proper retro 

Hope you got a better deal now the fuel price has dropped 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

So 90's man 

Even the fact you purchased a disc rather than download proper retro 

Hope you got a better deal now the fuel price has dropped 😂

I'm sure you've played the OG version of this game back in the day 😉. I have several games I have downloaded which were free each month on PlayStation. The games tend to be more expensive to download than buy on disk plus I believe downloading them uses up more space. 

Think I might go to the petrol station again whenever I go out again and fill it up all the way 😂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm sure you've played the OG version of this game back in the day 😉. I have several games I have downloaded which were free each month on PlayStation. The games tend to be more expensive to download than buy on disk plus I believe downloading them uses up more space. 

Think I might go to the petrol station again whenever I go out again and fill it up all the way 😂

Yeah crash bandicoot and wipeout were the first games I ever played on the playstation one back in the 90's 

Before that it was Road Rash 2 and Destruction Derby 2 on the Sega Megadrive which is metal to see how far we have come; I wouldn't even watch a YouTube video of it now; yet I was once glued to the screen like an owl on acid 

• Like 2

When I played Fallout 4 I stockpiled loads of armour suits.

I'll see if I can locate my screengrab of them lined up later [emoji1]

It's easy to get them as complete suits, just stand behind someone wearing one and steal the power core, they then exit the suit and away you go (you do make them attack you for your cheeky theft though [emoji2958]).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We're both working from home, but with two kids who need home schooling, life is very busy during the week.

The kids are being great, working from home is fine, and we're getting to eat outside in the garden as a family twice a day at the moment. We're also very lucky living where we do as we can go for hill and river walks from our front door.

We've basically got on top of all the little jobs around the house now. We bought paint just before lockdown and still have the spare room to paint on a wet weekend sometime.

All that still doesn't stop me feeling uneasy about the current situation though - we're missing all the things we used to like doing out of the house. As a family we used to do a lot. Fingers crossed this lockdown can be eased soon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

We're both working from home, but with two kids who need home schooling, life is very busy during the week.

The kids are being great, working from home is fine, and we're getting to eat outside in the garden as a family twice a day at the moment. We're also very lucky living where we do as we can go for hill and river walks from our front door.

We've basically got on top of all the little jobs around the house now. We bought paint just before lockdown and still have the spare room to paint on a wet weekend sometime.

All that still doesn't stop me feeling uneasy about the current situation though - we're missing all the things we used to like doing out of the house. As a family we used to do a lot. Fingers crossed this lockdown can be eased soon.

Oh yeah, I forgot, this arrived today: https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/clip-n-rinse-kit-cord-cordless-hair-clipper/

It'll be interesting seeing how easy it is to cut my own hair soon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot, this arrived today: https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/clip-n-rinse-kit-cord-cordless-hair-clipper/

It'll be interesting seeing how easy it is to cut my own hair soon!

I will say best to watch tutorial vids on cutting your hair and best to start at the highest cut first then work your way shorter so you can see what length your happy with. I'm mainly using my trimmer for my beard. If lockdown ends near the beginning of May I'd probably wait then go get a haircut 

• Like 2

Today I been mostly...…………..    Working in my garden these past few weeks, takes a few weeks as my veg patch is an eighth of an acre, turn it over by hand and then rotovate half a dozen times with the merry tiller. Then there's my 3 6x4 greenhouses and 3 fair size lawns to mow, about 3 miles walking behind the mower, that's good exercise! Then there's the other 86 acres but can't do much on that until the grass is fit to cut for silage/hay, takes a different sort of mower for that!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Milkman said:

Today I been mostly...…………..    Working in my garden

• Haha 2

I do like my game arriving today. Yesterday morning I got an email saying the purchase got cancelled due to a transaction problem. Bought the game again at 11am and got a email saying it got dispatched an hour later and arrived today. Really quick delivery I must say 

Screenshot_20200425-133703.png

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I do like my game arriving today. Yesterday morning I got an email saying the purchase got cancelled due to a transaction problem. Bought the game again at 11am and got a email saying it got dispatched an hour later and arrived today. Really quick delivery I must say 

Screenshot_20200425-133703.png

That is quick delivery!  Was it courier or Royal Mail?  My Mums birthday is a couple of weeks away and I'm trying to find something I could have sent directly to her as I think we'll still be in lockdown by then.  Just don't know how early I should buy to make sure it gets there on time as we keep being told post is delayed... :g:

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That is quick delivery!  Was it courier or Royal Mail?  My Mums birthday is a couple of weeks away and I'm trying to find something I could have sent directly to her as I think we'll still be in lockdown by then.  Just don't know how early I should buy to make sure it gets there on time as we keep being told post is delayed... :g:

It was via royal mail 1st class. Why not get her a bunch of flowers and a card through moon pig. Coincidence you mentioned this my sisters birthday is tomorrow and her friend sent her flowers and a card through moonpig which came today 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

It was via royal mail 1st class. Why not get her a bunch of flowers and a card through moon pig. Coincidence you mentioned this my sisters birthday is tomorrow and her friend sent her flowers and a card through moonpig which came today 

Blimey, that was quick!  Maybe the post isn't as delayed as I heard lol!  I had already bought a card and stamps before lockdown so it'll be no trouble posting that on my weekly walk! :biggrin: 

Each to their own but I don't really like cut flowers, always seems like a waste of money when they just die after a week.  Plus my Mum gets hayfever so don't think she'd appreciate them in the house lol! :laugh:  I've also just seen the price of them on Moonpig...your sister must be a very good friend! :smile: 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:34 PM, zain611 said:

I will say best to watch tutorial vids on cutting your hair and best to start at the highest cut first then work your way shorter so you can see what length your happy with. I'm mainly using my trimmer for my beard. If lockdown ends near the beginning of May I'd probably wait then go get a haircut 

Well I'll just do the same as the hairdresser - 3 at the sides and back, and 6 on top. How hard can it be? :unsure:

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Well I'll just do the same as the hairdresser - 3 at the sides and back, and 6 on top. How hard can it be? :unsure:

It's the blending in which is the tricky bit and making sure each hair is cut. When I did dad's hair there was a few spots I somehow missed. Did a blend in on him. It actually looked really good after he had a shower and a few days later 

• Like 1

Start on the back and sides and then trim & grade the top to blend together.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been out digging flowers beds out in the front garden and doing the awful task of eliminating weeds from between the patio slabs at the back...

Today I also changed the curtains in the front room for summer ones as opposed to the thick lined curtains I use in the colder months, and also cleaned the downstairs windows inside and out. 

Need to see if I can get some concrete as along the front wall of the house there are some sections where the concrete along the bottom has disappeared :ohmy:

Then once I've done that I need to paint that section of the foundation with masonry paint as when they did the harling they left that bit bare, probably for some reason I don't understand since I'm not a builder!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Then once I've done that I need to paint that section of the foundation with masonry paint as when they did the harling they left that bit bare, probably for some reason I don't understand since I'm not a builder!

People south of the border Googling 'harling' 😃

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club