Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Do To My 05 Zetec S

MCBEAN

Hi Guys,

Today i just bought a 2005 Black Fiesta Zetec S.

Im 17 and i like this car alot.

Im wanting to make it alot sportier and that so what do you recommend.

Im planning on,

Putting ST Black mud flaps on

Tinting the Windows

Lowering the Car 25-30mm

Maybe getting white St alloys

Will ford put the st racing stripes on the car and put the ford stripes and logos on the door.

Im wondering cause it looks so smart on a ST.

Il upload pics soon of my car but if anyone can help me and give me tips then its well appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Today i just bought a 2005 Black Fiesta Zetec S.

Im 17 and i like this car alot.

Im wanting to make it alot sportier and that so what do you recommend.

Im planning on,

Putting ST Black mud flaps on

Tinting the Windows

Lowering the Car 25-30mm

Maybe getting white St alloys

Will ford put the st racing stripes on the car and put the ford stripes and logos on the door.

Im wondering cause it looks so smart on a ST.

Il upload pics soon of my car but if anyone can help me and give me tips then its well appreciated.

For the love of jesus DONT stick st badges on etc just the zetec-s ones otherwise youll look like a "wana be".

St alloys though would look smart if cost the earth and tinting the windows does look good just dont go for limo black because itl look chavvy lol.

Lowering is all good and well but youd be attracting attension you might not want from the 5.0. etc. The best mods are subtle ones just keep it toned down and it will look smart

Mike

For the love of jesus DONT stick st badges on etc just the zetec-s ones otherwise youll look like a "wana be".

St alloys though would look smart if cost the earth and tinting the windows does look good just dont go for limo black because itl look chavvy lol.

Lowering is all good and well but youd be attracting attension you might not want from the 5.0. etc. The best mods are subtle ones just keep it toned down and it will look smart

Mike

Thanks Mike. Yeh i wont stick st badges on it i was just wondering will ford fit the white racing stripes on for me.

I have a black car. Will white or black mudflaps suit the car if im getting the racing stripes and the ford decals on the doors.

Il tint the windows but it wont be to chavy.

Im planning on putting white st alloys.

Will ford sell me these and make them white or will i have to do this.??

thanks in advacne

at 17 make sure your insurance would cover a modifies car.

at 17 make sure your insurance would cover a modifies car.

99.99999999999999999999999999999% Wont touch you with a modded car hence why if i bin it im shafted royal :(

Mike

Whats the insurance like as a 17 year old? An apprentice at work has the same Zetec-S and its over 2k. So with those added mods that you will be telling your insurer about you would most likely be looking at about 3k?

With the price of all the things you want to put on it as well, is it worth it? I mean the ZS is a cracking car as standard and i would just leave it at that and just upgrade in a year or two :)

Whats the insurance like as a 17 year old? An apprentice at work has the same Zetec-S and its over 2k. So with those added mods that you will be telling your insurer about you would most likely be looking at about 3k?

With the price of all the things you want to put on it as well, is it worth it? I mean the ZS is a cracking car as standard and i would just leave it at that and just upgrade in a year or two :)

3k for a modded fiesta zetec-s when ur 17 keep dreaming!!! :P for me (at the time 17yrs old, student and 0 no claims or points) in a 1.6 focus alone it was 2400k if i modded the car they wouldant quote me just said itd be fully invalad.

As for upgrades personally id say 3yrs is ur best bet for me now (18yr old student 3 points 1yrs no claims) on a focus 1.8tdci 115bhp ghia it would be 1,600k on the cheapest policy i can get where as my 1.6 which is just 1ins group lower is 990. Even with out points its 800+

What ever car you have as your 1st unless your stinking rich youve got for quite a while from personal experiance.

Mike

3k for a modded fiesta zetec-s when ur 17 keep dreaming!!! :P for me (at the time 17yrs old, student and 0 no claims or points) in a 1.6 focus alone it was 2400k if i modded the car they wouldant quote me just said itd be fully invalad.

As for upgrades personally id say 3yrs is ur best bet for me now (18yr old student 3 points 1yrs no claims) on a focus 1.8tdci 115bhp ghia it would be 1,600k on the cheapest policy i can get where as my 1.6 which is just 1ins group lower is 990. Even with out points its 800+

What ever car you have as your 1st unless your stinking rich youve got for quite a while from personal experiance.

Mike

When im learning. I will start driving in 2 weeks but i have the car now.

I will put on my mums insurance when im driving on a provisional and it £1100 from aviva.

When i pass my test it goes up £500 to £1600.

Its the best quote ive had as a golf 1.6 on a provisionalk was £2000 alone,

Im just wanting to lower it, tint the wondows, put the stripes on it and that.

Will ford lower the car and put the ford stripes over the car for me. I dont mind how much it costs because i saved alot of muny on the car i got for the price i got it as.

Thanks in advcane

\Adam

If this is the case ( and im only guessing ) that your going to be on as a named driver on your mums policy, but when you pass your test and are driving it around more than 50% of the time? If so i hope you are aware that this is fronting your insurance and if a claim was to be made and your found out to be driving your car more than 50% of the time, that insurers will not payout?

Just making you aware, id get a quote in my own name personally but that would send your insurance well into the 2k's area.

If this is the case ( and im only guessing ) that your going to be on as a named driver on your mums policy, but when you pass your test and are driving it around more than 50% of the time? If so i hope you are aware that this is fronting your insurance and if a claim was to be made and your found out to be driving your car more than 50% of the time, that insurers will not payout?

Just making you aware, id get a quote in my own name personally but that would send your insurance well into the 2k's area.

Yeh im aware but my mum will be using the car also a bit aswel.

Thanks

Aviva seem to be the cheapest atm for insurance. im 18 with 1yr no claims on a 1.4 zetec 56 plate and its cote me £1096 for the year. i had a peugot( or how ever you spell it) 1.4 glx (2002) for my first car n the insurance on that for just over £2000.

Yeh im aware but my mum will be using the car also a bit aswel.

Thanks

YOU still have to be the name driver your parents are put on a secondary both my mum and dad use my car but i have to be the main driver otherwise the policy is as much use as a jonny with a hole in and trust me on this, the police will absoutly love you lol.

Mike

YOU still have to be the name driver your parents are put on a secondary both my mum and dad use my car but i have to be the main driver otherwise the policy is as much use as a jonny with a hole in and trust me on this, the police will absoutly love you lol.

Mike

rget already love me.

will ford fit racing stripes and lower my car for me?

rget already love me.

Dont think we're coming across at stereotypes, It's that it will benifit you if you are the main driver on the car. Also i can pressume that you are on the logbook as the owner? If so this wont match up right with the insurance if you are not the main driver. Also he is right in saying that police will love you if they pull you over as the named driver, EVEN if you religiously drive it less than your mum ( but seeing as its your car then will that be the case?) the police will love you for it!

Anyway yes they will fit it but be ready for expensive labour bills if you do!

rget already love me.

Chanses are yeah just ring up your dealer and ask they'l be able to tell you each one does there own things the one i worked at would of sent the car off to have the stripes done and would of fitted the lowering springs where as others wouldant touch it.

Either way your going to get absoutly raped of your money and taking the car elsewhere is 10x clever ford are robbing !Removed! (sorry about the swear but its vital to stress the point) end of. lol

Mike

few points you mentioned here... insurance as a 17 year old... 1 fact tell you it all... 1.25 fiesta mk7 zetec... me as 1st driver -> 6K

and as for being pulled by police if your not first driver just make sure your story is spot on!!!

and as for the mods... with mine i done dead little things (except the DRL's!) i think little touches look the best, if you change too much then you could ruin the cars stock looks and fall into the 'chav' group :P

few points you mentioned here... insurance as a 17 year old... 1 fact tell you it all... 1.25 fiesta mk7 zetec... me as 1st driver -> 6K

and as for being pulled by police if your not first driver just make sure your story is spot on!!!

and as for the mods... with mine i done dead little things (except the DRL's!) i think little touches look the best, if you change too much then you could ruin the cars stock looks and fall into the 'chav' group :P

You paid 6k to insure your car! :o

6 GRAND TO INSURE A FIESTA what the .....

Just so u know on comparison websites your supposed to go for the lowest quote not the highest :P

Mike

Guys to Clear things up

Learning on my mums insurance im £1200. Goes upto £1600 when i pass my test and im going to do my pass plus and it takes £400 off aviva.

As for police its not against the law to drive a car on you mums insurance. They cant prove you are driving it more than your mum.

And the police dont car. Unless you have a loud exhaust or you are speeding.

Im buying the racing stripes and side stripes for £90 from Dmb graphics.

And im getting them fitting from Aquorn signs in inverness. A professional graphics company.

Im getting the black ST mudflaps for £60 and my uncle will fit them.

Il get the windows tinted from highland windscreens for a few hundred.

And maybe even get these bad boys. http://www.wheelandtyre.co.uk/alloy-wheels/fox/fx004-white.html

Im getting my car tomorro. Its just getting its MOT and service. 35000 miles only.

Erm the only thing on the Zetec S is that the alloys loook wheeey to small for the car so im gna save for better ones.

As for the body kit. The ST's is so much nicer but il have to stick to the Zetec S's.

Hopefully my car will look mint. Il upload when its all done.

What do you guys think on my ideas.

Very nice ideas, and they will work out a lot cheaper doing it away from Ford.

With the insurance, have you tried you being main and your mum added?, this worked out ALOT cheaper for me doing it this way.

Guys to Clear things up

Learning on my mums insurance im £1200. Goes upto £1600 when i pass my test and im going to do my pass plus and it takes £400 off aviva.

As for police its not against the law to drive a car on you mums insurance. They cant prove you are driving it more than your mum.

And the police dont car. Unless you have a loud exhaust or you are speeding.

Im buying the racing stripes and side stripes for £90 from Dmb graphics.

And im getting them fitting from Aquorn signs in inverness. A professional graphics company.

Im getting the black ST mudflaps for £60 and my uncle will fit them.

Il get the windows tinted from highland windscreens for a few hundred.

And maybe even get these bad boys. http://www.wheelandtyre.co.uk/alloy-wheels/fox/fx004-white.html

Im getting my car tomorro. Its just getting its MOT and service. 35000 miles only.

Erm the only thing on the Zetec S is that the alloys loook wheeey to small for the car so im gna save for better ones.

As for the body kit. The ST's is so much nicer but il have to stick to the Zetec S's.

Hopefully my car will look mint. Il upload when its all done.

What do you guys think on my ideas.

Sorry to peck head but it is a risk and the Volvo T5's (traffic fuzz) are the worst for insurance i know a few people who have been picked on for it but if ur confident about it all the best to u.

This is all personal opinion if i had the car and what id do

Dark silver over the top/side stripes

ST alloys

About a 60% tint on the rear 3 windows and then leave it alone and save for something different, focus st or astra gsi etc...

Mike

I just cant work out why you would pay for a car with your own money, then your mum will be driving it around most of the time? strikes a bit of a strange deal tbh i think your mum has got a good deal there!

Anyway like Gaz said, my insurance is massively reduced with my mum n dad being on my insurance as named drivers, you should try it and it might not be so bad, but then again with all those mods and stuff youll be paying you wont be getting of lightly! Also if you do get insurance in your name then you will get to drive the car most of the time instead of your mum driving your car more than yourself! So happy days!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club