Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering springs and bump stops

Arkhangelsk1989

Hello, I am thinking of getting the Eibach Pro kit 35mm for my mk6 fiesta zetec s and was wondering if I can use the standard bump stops or will I have too cut them? 

Cheers

Cheers for the reply 👍🏻

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

35mm is fine with standard bump stops.

Just another quick question mate, I bought new shocks and dust covers but there is no clip on the new shocks for the dust covers to go onto. Will it be alright like that or do I need something else? 

Cheers

15873139795064505429446956112465.jpg

15873140127758676063059539804992.jpg

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, that looks alright. :smile:

Cheers for the reply mate, I was wondering because on my old shocks there is a clip where the bottom of the rod is that holds the dust cover down but the new ones don't have that but if it's alright then I'm happy with that. 

It'll be fine like that but you could put a cable tie around the bottom if you like.

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It'll be fine like that but you could put a cable tie around the bottom if you like.

Yeah think I will do, thanks for the help pal 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Arkhangelsk1989 said:

Yeah think I will do, thanks for the help pal 👍🏻

No worries, you'll have to post a before and after shot when you're done!

Will do mate, the mk6 fiestas sit way too high from factory, its like driving a lorry 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, TomsFocus said:

Just finished installing the springs. Makes the car look amazing tbh 😂 makes you realise how high they sit as standard. 

• Like 1

It won't let me insert photos because they exceed the size limit 😵

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, TomsFocus said:

One quick question mate, do I need the bracket that holds the abs wire on that attaches too the anti roll bar drop link? 

Reason I ask is that on the new shock, the hole doesn't line up properly so I can't properly tighten the drop link so was wondering if I can remove the bracket and if it would be alright without it? 

Cheers

13 hours ago, Arkhangelsk1989 said:

One quick question mate, do I need the bracket that holds the abs wire on that attaches too the anti roll bar drop link? 

Reason I ask is that on the new shock, the hole doesn't line up properly so I can't properly tighten the drop link so was wondering if I can remove the bracket and if it would be alright without it? 

Cheers

You should keep the bracket really, the ABS wire may bend in the 'wrong' place every time you turn the wheel otherwise and could also rub through against the shock over time.  Could you bend the bracket out of the way instead?

I'm not really understanding the problem though, I wonder if you've got the shocks in the wrong way round?  Is the droplink bracket off to one side on the Mk6 shocks or is it central?  If it's off to one side, they are meant to be sided.  If you're just struggling to fit a tool in to fit the droplink, don't forget you can turn the wheel to help with access.  It would help if you could attach a picture but I appreciate that one also might not work lol.

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You should keep the bracket really, the ABS wire may bend in the 'wrong' place every time you turn the wheel otherwise and could also rub through against the shock over time.  Could you bend the bracket out of the way instead?

I'm not really understanding the problem though, I wonder if you've got the shocks in the wrong way round?  Is the droplink bracket off to one side on the Mk6 shocks or is it central?  If it's off to one side, they are meant to be sided.  If you're just struggling to fit a tool in to fit the droplink, don't forget you can turn the wheel to help with access.  It would help if you could attach a picture but I appreciate that one also might not work lol.

The shocks are in the correct way it's just that on the new shocks, the hole that the droplink goes through on the side, the abs bracket hole doesn't line up correctly so it won't bolt on properly. 

I might just remove the bracket and then bolt the bracket onto the same thread as the droplink with another nut after the droplink has been torqued 

Wish I could send a photo too shown you what I mean, I'm not very good at explaining things 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkhangelsk1989 said:

The shocks are in the correct way it's just that on the new shocks, the hole that the droplink goes through on the side, the abs bracket hole doesn't line up correctly so it won't bolt on properly. 

I might just remove the bracket and then bolt the bracket onto the same thread as the droplink with another nut after the droplink has been torqued 

Wish I could send a photo too shown you what I mean, I'm not very good at explaining things 😂

15878083875071747002103735271482.jpg

1587808451804841055676666741792.jpg

Right, think I have found a way of attaching the bracket. I have put the bracket behind the hole rather than I front and it fits fine so hopefully it is alright, the drop link is secure so I'm hoping that does the trick 

15878090345491367429781422414962.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arkhangelsk1989 said:

Right, think I have found a way of attaching the bracket. I have put the bracket behind the hole rather than I front and it fits fine so hopefully it is alright, the drop link is secure so I'm hoping that does the trick 

15878090345491367429781422414962.jpg

Ah, I'd completely forgotten that's how the bracket was on Mk6s lol. 🤦‍♂️ 

The proper fix there is to cut a little section out of the bracket so it still fits in front.  Your solution should work ok.  The bracket has the potential to twist without those raised edges being around the shock but tbh I can't see it moving if the drop link is tight enough. :smile: 

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, I'd completely forgotten that's how the bracket was on Mk6s lol. 🤦‍♂️ 

The proper fix there is to cut a little section out of the bracket so it still fits in front.  Your solution should work ok.  The bracket has the potential to twist without those raised edges being around the shock but tbh I can't see it moving if the drop link is tight enough. :smile: 

I got it as tight as possible and used threadlocker and a nylock nut so hopefully it doesn't go anywhere, only thing I'm concerned about is the ball joint rubber catching on the raised edges on the abs bracket. But I will see how it goes, it's not expensive too get a new droplink so if the bracket start catching on the rubber then I will just file it down or cut it and replace the drop link aswell. 

Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club