Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In the market for Mk4 Focus SW diesel

south_bound

Thorough reply, thanks.  I do tie down the boot lid with a bungee wrapped around the back wiper and tow bar so no flapping about and most of the time the number plate is even visible though at a bit of an angle.  To date I have never lost anything out of the back (including the wiper), poisoned myself with exhaust fumes or had to explain to a traffic officer.  It might be less of an issue with the longer capacity of an estate anyway, but the question was more about whether an electric boot lid would be too clever and not allow itself to stay partially open, or worse not allow me to drive at all if not completely shut?

hi  iv got a 62 plate ford focus 2.0 tdci titanium x. iv had it over 2 yrs.  its never missed a beat.   its the 163 bhp mapped to 196.  it goes like a rocket on the motorway. also does im not kidding at about 70 80 mph over a run of just over 200 miles  between 56 and 62 mpg according to computer.  its cost me a battery  and set of brake pads in 2 yrs.  thers not much room in back seats for passengers and boots not huge bit big enough. iv also had all rear windows blacked.  it looks stunning. in my opinion you cant go wrong. its also a very well equipped car from the stereo to the xenon headlamps.  

hi  iv got a 62 plate ford focus 2.0 tdci titanium x. iv had it over 2 yrs.  its never missed a beat.   its the 163 bhp mapped to 196.  it goes like a rocket on the motorway. also does im not kidding at about 70 80 mph over a run of just over 200 miles  between 56 and 62 mpg according to computer.  its cost me a battery  and set of brake pads in 2 yrs.  thers not much room in back seats for passengers and boots not huge bit big enough. iv also had all rear windows blacked.  it looks stunning. in my opinion you cant go wrong. its also a very well equipped car from the stereo to the xenon headlamps.  

• Like 1

forgot to mention the 2.0 tdci engine is the peugeot /citroen hdi lump.  find it extremely quiet and so smooth its a job to tell if its ticking over.  

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm homing in on a year old Mk 4 estate, 2ltr diesel with plenty of options added...

I know I asked a lot of questions already, but as my current car is 13 years old things have developed a bit in newer cars.  Specifically, do all newer diesels now have Adblue reservoirs that need topping up regularly?  Any feedback from those who have this, are they a pain or you just get used to it etc?  Separately, do most of the "safety" features have the ability to be turned off eg. vibration from the lane departure thingy, parking sensors when towing or with the bike rack on, and generally other beeping noises that cause more distraction than benefit etc?  I thought I might get a modified ELM diagnostic thing from Tunnelrat https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/ELM327/cat4541937_3675533.aspx  and get it to work with Forscan which should allow me to play with some of the configuration if I have properly understood some of the threads on this website - I will no doubt be asking lots more questions when I get my head into that. 

I'm amazed you don't already have a modified ELM cable with Forscan and ELMConfig after being on here so long with a Mk2!  Think I bought mine in the first week of ownership!  :biggrin:  

The Focus has only just started using AdBlu so probably not many members on here with it.  It's something I've managed to avoid so far.  Can't see it being much of an issue when it's working though, no different to topping up screenwash...  It can be a pain if it goes wrong, the engine won't start if it runs out (or if the PCM thinks it's run out!) on some cars, I don't know whether the Focus is like that.

Parking sensors can be turned off with a dash button each time you start the car.  Lane departure can be turned off in dash settings.  Not all annoying beeps can be turned off, things like low screenwash and low ambient temp for example...and then there are a huge number of unnecessary bongs telling you the fob isn't in the car or the ignition's on or the door's open or you've placed some shopping on the passenger seat etc. :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

.and then there are a huge number of unnecessary bongs telling you the fob isn't in the car or the ignition's on or the door's open or you've placed some shopping on the passenger seat etc. :laugh: 

“Vehicle is on” has to be my favourite in the MK3 Focus. I mean obviously it is, I’ve just pressed the start button and I do have ears thanks car 😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm amazed you don't already have a modified ELM cable with Forscan and ELMConfig after being on here so long with a Mk2!  Think I bought mine in the first week of ownership!  :biggrin:   

Yeah, I know.! I keep meaning to but never had too much go wrong that needed codes pulled or settings changed.  Then as the car got older I thought there was no point if I was going to change to another brand, although I see that the hardware is suitable for other brands and would just need different software installed on the laptop.  Now is the time so I can properly start playing with it and hope not to mess things up too much until I get to know what I don't know if you get my meaning.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I bit the bullet and got one.

2 ltr diesel manual, estate.  9 months old but still has the new car smell.  I found this one without all the bells and whistles (its called a C&C version, equivalent to Zetec in the UK I think) but with the right packages added to give me the extras I want.

Picked it up in Berlin and drove it home 1500 km yesterday and it drives well - smooth and stable on the motorway.

Expect lots of questions, and hopefully I can help answer some for others in the coming days.

$_20.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club