Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washer Problem

Jeffas

Hi any advice on why my washer jets have stopped working. I was driving along and used them fine, got a few mins along the road, tried again and they dribbled and stopped. I’ve tried the rear one and that’s stopped spraying too. 

I’ve checked fluid level is ok and pump is running. 

If it’s not all over the road indicating a disconnected pipe I would suggest trying to flush it out once mine had muck in it blocking it also too much washing up liquid can clog it up 

Is there an easy way to flush the system? Not sure how to remove the washer bottle and pump. 

I syphoned the water out and poured boiling water in as it’s probably hard to get to without removing the liner behind the wheel use a syphon tho not by mouth as I did apparently it can make you really ill.

• Like 1

I'm sure some people have had success with a Steradent tablet or some bicarb.

Not familiar with 2018 layout, but is there anwhere to disconnect a hose in the engine compartment ?

On 4/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, MrRedman said:

I syphoned the water out and poured boiling water in as it’s probably hard to get to without removing the liner behind the wheel use a syphon tho not by mouth as I did apparently it can make you really ill.

Ordered a syphon that’s due next week. Not really in a hurry at the minute so will try to drain it next week, and refill with hot water to see if it clears. If not will try bicarb to see if that helps at all. 

• Like 1

Try white vinegar to disolve any calcium build-up in the system.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No easy way to get to the bottom of the tank so I’ve siphoned out the tank and refilled with hot water a few times and seem to be getting this black slime coming out. 
So siphoned it clean and got the hose pipe in about 12 inches and let it run for 5 mins but still no joy. 

Will a steradent tablet work to dissolve all the slime? Might try that next. 

EAA4C043-19FD-4887-9C5D-0829CD29BDE9.jpeg

Vinegar

We’ll steradent hasn’t done anything so looks like vinegar it is. How long is best to leave it in?? 

24 hours should do it.

Sooo...

The rear is now working fine and the front just spitting out under no real pressure. I’ve had the pipe to the front jets off and it’s just spitting out of there. So is the feed from the motor split into two pipes? Will try another soak tomorrow to see if that helps. 

At least your on the right track 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club