Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add Sync3 Nav on 2019 Mk7.5/8 Active

Adam Wilson

I have a 2019 mk7.5/8 Ford Fiesta Active with the Sync3 infotanment system and im wondering if theres a way to add navigation to said system wether that be by a download to a usb or a complete unit replacement.

Thankyou for your time.

Adam W

If your car is 2019 you have a mk8. If you have Sync3 as you say, you have to change the APIM, which is a module that is behind your dashboard to one that has navigation, and perform the Forscan operations to make sure your cars previous options are copied over, and then activate navigation. It should work. FYI I had to buy two APIMs because the first one I tried didn't work(might have been faulty). Second one worked without issue.

Thank you, ill get looking into buying a new module and installation 

Would you not also have to install a GPS module to begin to make Satnav possible? Or is it a standard part fitted to all models?

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Would you not also have to install a GPS module to begin to make Satnav possible? Or is it a standard part fitted to all models?

GPS should be standard on all Fiestas, it's how Ford Emergency Call works. If you want to double check, when you see the apim, there should be a fakra connector on it. If you don't have sync3, this is easy to check since it's just behind the main screen.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club