Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

motability scheme

lasthope

mate I no has just got the full pip and was thinking what car can he get and cons he was told if he got a motability car he can only do so many miles a year don't no if that's true

The mileage allowance is 60,000 miles over a 3 year agreement.
For 5 year agreements, the mileage limit is 100,000 miles.
Any additional miles will be charged at a cost of 5p per mile.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you go on the motability website you can see all the cars he can have...  Some use the full allowance (so appear 'free') others he will have to pay extra for, especially if it's automatic or large SUV for example.

Not much interesting I'm afraid...he won't be getting a GTi or ST lol...  You can have a Mini Cooper S though, which aren't exactly slow!

Also need to consider what his needs are...if he needs a high seating position or space for a wheelchair etc.

Th main downside of Motability is the chance of losing the car at his next PIP review.  He also won't gain no claims while on PIP so insurance is higher if you have to go back to 'normal' car after a couple of years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1