Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 - annoying rattle / buzz from rear driver's side door

Dark Andy

Hi, I've got an annoying buzz / rattle from the driver's side rear door. With things as they are, taking it to the dealers and getting them to look at it isn't an option, so I'm going to have to have a look myself. Has anybody taken the door card, inside handle, interior door release handle, etc  off? I've found plenty of mk3 tutorials but can't find anything for the mk4. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

As per your other message related to door cards are you not following the same principle? I would trying pressing parts of the panel to see if you can get an audible click as there may be a loose retaining clip. Also check your rear seats are clicked in properly from fold. 

8 hours ago, F0CUE said:

As per your other message related to door cards are you not following the same principle? I would trying pressing parts of the panel to see if you can get an audible click as there may be a loose retaining clip. Also check your rear seats are clicked in properly from fold. 

Yep, I think I've found it but it's inside the rear door and so I would need to get the door card off to have better look. I've looked on YouTube, etc but no-one's posted a video walkthrough of how to do this on a Mk4. Obviously I don't want to go breaking things and making them worse so I wondered if anybody on here has taken the door card off successfully.

I've looked at mine and I reckon the armrest separates as on the MK3 to reveal card retaining screws, although there is no concealed screw on the door handle surround as on the MK3 so maybe that is just clipped in. Then I would guess the card is held in place by clips around the edges of the card that just prise apart as on the MK3. If it was me I would try and see if the top half of the armrest prises off first.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

I've looked at mine and I reckon the armrest separates as on the MK3 to reveal card retaining screws, although there is no concealed screw on the door handle surround as on the MK3 so maybe that is just clipped in. Then I would guess the card is held in place by clips around the edges of the card that just prise apart as on the MK3. If it was me I would try and see if the top half of the armrest prises off first.

Cheers, I'll give that a go. I did find a screw just under the speaker but I assumed there were more somewhere else.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club