Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cambelt change queries .

Peter Stollery

Hi I am a newbie so please bear with me , I have a 2011 Fiesta 1.6tdci Duratorq Titanium SOHC . I am trying to renew the cambelt but have run into a few problems .Before removing the belt I aligned the crankshaft and camshaft sprockets and locked them with pins, unfortunately I could not see a similar hole in the diesel fuel pump to insert a pin , only after removing the belt I noticed two open ended lugs (positioned approx 9oclock and 3oclock )on the fuel pump sprocket with a corresponding hole concealed behind the one at three oclock . Q can I just rotate the now independent moving sprocket until one of the lugs line up ? . Also the Haynes manual that I have states that I must not touch the reluctor ring behind the crankshaft sprocket again unfortunately I did touch it many times removing the old cambelt and indeed clean it . Q is the Haynes manual correct on this point ? . Q finally does the tensioner when released apply all the required tension when released or does extra pressure need to be applied . Many thanks for any guidance Peter . 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club