Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK4 UK Enable Auto High Beam

Ams

Hello everyone,

As per the title, has anyone managed to activate AHB (Auto High Beam) using FORSCAN? I have looked at Forscan forum and some people have managed to do it but the values provided don't matchup with my car values.

Thank you

Have you already got the cameras above the windscreen rear view mirror ?

Hi Alexp999,

i have a camera for lane assist and automatic braking. Is this the same camera used for AHB? It’s a vignale and has got LED lights as well. Thank you

If it’s got lane assist then I would assume that’s the camera it needs for auto high beam to work.

Have others on the Forscan forum done it for the mk4?

Yes, they have provided the values to change as well but not all values match with what they already have. I don’t think those cars are from UK though. 

Try downloading the as built data of a UK car that's the same model year as yours which you know has it and see what the value is.

I'm a little confused as to why you would need forscan. I thought AHB was standard, it certainly is an my Titanium X and would expect it on your Vignale.

I have my light set to the auto on position, and when they are on and I enter an unlit road at night the highbeam come on, dips if there's  and oncoming car then goes back on without me touching anything

There will be a setting for it in the drivers display to toggle on and off, if it's already activated on the car.

Looking on the brochure I think it is part of driver assistance pack

I didn't go for driver assistance pack. So no I don't have AHB. ALEXP999, can you please guide me as to where I can get that data from. Sorry, I'm new to FORScan . Thank you

I usualy go on something like Autotrader and find a number plate of a car I want to lookup.

Use that on Ford Etis website (you might need to create an IO account), to get the VIN.

Then you can use the VIN on the Ford Motorcraft website to get the as-built data.

There is a free program somewhere which lets you compare them. Just remember that the data structure can change between model years.

• Like 1

Thank you for you wisdom. I'll give it a go. 🙏

I was looking at doing this on my Mk4 Titanium. It already has Traffic sign recognition so I'm assuming the camera is capable of AHB.

I usualy go on something like Autotrader and find a number plate of a car I want to lookup.

Use that on Ford Etis website (you might need to create an IO account), to get the VIN.

Then you can use the VIN on the Ford Motorcraft website to get the as-built data.

I've done exactly that , pdf of spreadsheet attached. Compares my Titanium with a TitX and another Tit which seems not to have TSR ( maybe dropped from later models ) with the changes suggested on the forscan thread

I'm still a little confused...

Focus_AHB_TSR_DA.pdf

• Like 1

Thank you Ianincheshire. I'll check it out now.

3 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

I was looking at doing this on my Mk4 Titanium. It already has Traffic sign recognition so I'm assuming the camera is capable of AHB.

I've done exactly that , pdf of spreadsheet attached. Compares my Titanium with a TitX and another Tit which seems not to have TSR ( maybe dropped from later models ) with the changes suggested on the forscan thread

I'm still a little confused...

Focus_AHB_TSR_DA.pdf 32.38 kB · 5 downloads

I'm confused now as well. It's totally different then mine as well. Especially IPMA module. I have requested on FORScan forum for help. Let's see if someone gets back and I'll update it here.

There are 3 types of camera (IPMA) , I suspect the Vignale has a different one to the Tit/Titx since it usually has more features.

I'm still waiting for a reply on FORScan forum

auto headlights I've used are just a dangerous inconvenience

on cars where they actually function (so not a VW) they don't go to full beam below 30 or 40 mph, so if driving in unlit country lanes doing 60mph you can come to a T junction the reflective road sign burns out your eyeballs then they dip, you turn on to the main road, with no visibility trying to accelerate blind until it gets fast enough, then it might go back to main beam.... 

so you go in the menus switch it all off and they work perfectly when you DIY

• Like 4