Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plusgas

jonj1611

I have been using Halfords spray stuff to help with rusted bolts etc but it has been absolutely useless. Was looking at plusgas. Anyone tried it? Is it any good removing rusted nuts and bolts?

Plusgas is great!  The Halfords shock & unlock is pretty good as well though, that's what I've used more recently. 

Both have their limitations and won't do much if your nuts are just rusty blobs by now though lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Plusgas is great!  The Halfords shock & unlock is pretty good as well though, that's what I've used more recently. 

Both have their limitations and won't do much if your nuts are just rusty blobs by now though lol

I used to find Plusgas very good but not seen it physically on sale for ages - I think Halfords stopped selling it. I think the brand may have changed hands recently so don't know if it's still the same thing.

The aerosol that's been in my garage for years has now run out so I need another - where did you get yours, Tom?

Yeah I’m just running out of PlusGas as well so I would love to find a reliable source...

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I used to find Plusgas very good but not seen it physically on sale for ages - I think Halfords stopped selling it. I think the brand may have changed hands recently so don't know if it's still the same thing.

The aerosol that's been in my garage for years has now run out so I need another - where did you get yours, Tom?

Yeah, that's why I switched to the Halfords own stuff, I've got a trade card which made it cheaper too.

ECP still sell Plusgas instore but it's not available for delivery.  You can also buy it on amazon as you all seem to be regulars on there! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I use Plusgas at work all the time, certainly better than WD40. I still say they've changed the formula at some point though, I'm sure the old stuff is stronger.

Plus gas is the ONLY one I'll buy. Been using it 5 years now. Best penetrating fluid ever. Followed by ATF believe it of not

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I use Plusgas at work all the time, certainly better than WD40. I still say they've changed the formula at some point though, I'm sure the old stuff is stronger.

I still buy and use WD40 all the time, but for totally different things. Plusgas is way better at helping rusty bolts out, but WD40 is the guy for so many other jobs

Put it this way- my mate serves on nuclear subs and they are issued Plusgas but are banned from using WD40.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well if its good enough for a nuclear sub its good enough for me 🙂

Put it this way- my mate serves on nuclear subs and they are issued Plusgas but are banned from using WD40.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Incredible!!

Plus plusgas smells amazing!!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 7:19 PM, bashbarnard said:

Plus plusgas smells amazing!!

I've been using PlusGas for many years. A bottle of it lasts for so long, I can't remember where and when the last time I bought one. Probably Hafroards or a local Motor Factors.

I can't remember what it smells of, but I do love the smell of 3in1 oil, which comes in similar a shaped bottle.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club