Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Modifications Skyrocket Insurance

TomGorley

On 10/9/2020 at 8:07 PM, lillianna3 said:

they said they would not be able to insure me as the interior was modified. Cant find anywhere that can give me definitive answer on whether this could be bought from the factory as new or it has been modified. Any help at all is massively appreciated. 

d. Any help at all is massively appreciated. 

I suggest you start your own topic and upload pictures

As I previously said, the definition of modifications are any aftermarket items fitted to the vehicle that would change or enhance its performance, cosmetic items do not fit that criteria. I insure with the NFU, have done for almost 50 years and that is their definition of modifications, any aftermarket items that enhances or changes the performance, that is written in the policy schedule.

@lillianna3 is another of those 'clever' bots that just copies parts of earlier posts to dig up old threads... 

We're not all with NFU (isn't that restricted to farmers anyway?), most insurers do class cosmetic changes as mods.  Here's the part from my policy docs...

You must also update MyAccount if you intend to alter or modify your Car/s from the manufacturer’s standard specification.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Changes to the bodywork, such as spoilers or body kits

• Changes to suspension or brakes

• Cosmetic changes such as alloy wheels

• Anything affecting performance such as changes to the engine management system or exhaust system

• Changes to the audio/entertainment system.

This isn’t a full list of all possible changes. You must tell us about any alteration you intend to make to your Car/s – both Primary Policyholders and Vehicle Policyholders are responsible for this. Failure to notify us of a modification may result in your Policy being cancelled from the start date, additional premium being applied or your claim being rejected or not paid in full. This Policy doesn’t cover any non-standard parts (modifications). If you make a claim for loss or damage to your Car/s, your Insurer will only pay the cost of replacing parts needed for your Car/s to meet the manufacturer’s standard specification.

• 4 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:03 PM, tomshepp said:

Reality check:

I think that the problem here is that your insurance record, and a high performance car have convinced the insurance industry that they don't want your business. Two write offs in a short space of time means that you are a bad risk and if you kill somebody, that gets expensive. Their ability to see into the future is no better than Mystic Meg's but this is their business and that is how they think of you. You have now had a policy cancelled as well so black box or not, You are not going to insure that car. Go and find something  with a very small engine and a very low insurance group and try again. Might sound harsh but this is real life and the situation might not seem fair but you are far better rolling over than trying to fight a battle you will not be allowed to win.

Having worked in insurance for 4 years at one point, I have to say this man is bang on the money. You need to wait a few years now unfortunately for those claims to fall off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club