Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicators stay on. 68plate .

RichGriff83

Hi all.

After a bit of advice. 

I purchased a 68plate Fiesta (1.1 Zetec) last month from a well known car supermarket 6 weeks ago, and on my way home from work today , I indicated right then when completed , the stalk returned to normal but the indicator stayed on.. eventually after turning left , it reset itself and then was okay for a few turns, until I indicated left , completed the turn and when the stalk went back to normal , it turn the right one on! 

I am guessing this (and if anyone could confirm) if it will be covered under the base warranty with Ford? , as I can't get through to anyone at the moment to confirm . Sorry if this is a silly question, it's just this is the newest car I've ever owned, yet the quickest to have a fault .... My luck lol

Is this a common problem with Fiesta?

Thanks everyone

Stay safe

Ric

Yes, I'm sure that fault will be covered by the Ford warranty. I don't think it's a common fault on the Fiesta especially on a car of that age. I did have the same fault years ago on a different car and I had to replace the indicator stalk to fix it. As you describe.......the stalk would return to the normal middle position but the indicator would keep going. I temporarily got around the problem by fitting an elastic band to pull the stalk very slightly upwards or downwards as required to stop the right indicator sticking on.  I found the stalk only needed to be pulled up or down quite gently to stop the indicator flashing when it wasn't supposed to flash. It worked fine with the elastic band for over a week while I was waiting for the new stalk to arrive which I bought online. Mine wasn't a Ford and it wasn't still under warranty.

Not had it on either of ours.

Should be fixed under warranty unless the stalk has deemed to have been damaged by the user.

Thanks both for the replies.

The stalk still works as such and isn't loose, I can only assume it's sticking intermittently somewhere within the steering rack. 

So frustrating , particularly while driving down the M6... Thankfully the roads are quiet.

Will be ringing ford in the morning, see what they say and I hope they can help, as my T&C's from where I purchased state that as I have manufacturer warranty left , I must contact them directly. 

Scared asking for time off as I'm a registered key worker , so fingers crossed they can squeeze me in 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club