Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

So whose MOT expiry has been extended?

TimST2

My Fiesta ST's has as of 2 days ago - it's now due in October.

I couldn't really care less about the MOT, it's missing the service that niggles a bit. It's on a service plan with Ford (so already paid for), and I'm normally fastidious about maintaining the service history on my cars. The only saving grace is that although it's going to go longer than a year between services, at least its well down on the mileage interval.

Anyone else had their MOT extended yet?

13 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Anyone else had their MOT extended yet?

Have you had an official extension? mine is due on the 18th and it still states that online,
This is my first Service/MOT with this 5 year old ST, it was previously serviced by Ford but I have an independent garage on my street (re-opens Monday),
I was tempted to use Ford but I want to do a few jobs myself, it's only due a minor service so I'll get that & MOT sorted locally this year.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

My motorbike is due in May, so that is entitled to have the extension, though that then brings it closer to insurance renewal time, Christmas season and bad weather season.

7 minutes ago, Frembrit said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

My motorbike is due in May, so that is entitled to have the extension, though that then brings it closer to insurance renewal time, Christmas season and bad weather season.

Ah, it won't get automatically extended until 7 days before it runs out, still, I think I'll get mine sorted as I want the oil changing anyway.
Like you I'm happy with the spacing of my car bills, got Tax in Feb, MOT in May and Insurance in August to spread the costs nicely.

Yeah, the MOT expiry only changed online recently as the date approached.

I'll be getting mine serviced and MOT'd as soon as restrictions are eased and TrustFord is open again. I want to keep as close to the service schedule as possible and don't want the hassle of having to do them separately in the future.

My father/brother had their BMW due for MOT & service last month but it was obviously cancelled by the dealership. As it was the start of the lockdown my brother had it SORN'd.

On the flip side, I had my service and MOT done at the beginning of March (normal due date) paid out for that plus extras (new brake discs, pads, lines etc.) and full year of insurance up front only to park it up and have driven it 3 times since. I would have normally paid for the full year of VED at the same time but ended up shifting it 6 months to October a couple of years ago.

Its going to be busy for MOT garages come the end of the lockdown with at least two months of people that would have missed dates.

Mine is due in September so don't know if anything changes for me 

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Mine is due in September so don't know if anything changes for me 

Same here mine is due January 2021 so hopefully all will be back to normal by then but if they want to extend my MOT expiry to July 2021 then that's fine by me!!  Saves me £50-odd as I know my car is road worthy regardless of having a certificate which is practically invalid as soon as you leave the garage forecourt.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My nearest Ford Dealer is reopening on the 18th for servicing. No word from TrustFord still...

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

My nearest Ford Dealer is reopening on the 18th for servicing. No word from TrustFord still...

Mine was due on the 18th, it had changed online until November,
But I took it to my local independent garage this morning for it's MOT, oil Change & Spark Plugs, all done in 3 hours.
Seems to be getting very busy at my garage, I bet a lot of people are flooding to garages now.

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Think there aiming for 1st June 

• Like 1

transport-car-auto-mechanic-auto_mechanic-garage-jgrn1865_low.thumb.jpg.3a4ee09198d147da511915039c3c1298.jpg

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club