Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling Noise; especially when flooring

After having a gasket fixed I have now noticed that my Fiesta (2000, LX, Zetec, 16v, 1.25l) is making a concerning rattling noise which seems to come from the axels (maybe - that is a complete guess). This happens not always, but mainly when I floor the accelerator. Moving off from 1st is not an issue and even going to 2nd proves to be sound. However, when I get into 3rd and floor it (or, almost floor it) there is this rattling noise and white smoke coming from the exhaust also. It certainly does not look too healthy.

Can someone try and diagnose such a problem or suggest something.

Thankyou.

After having a gasket fixed I have now noticed that my Fiesta (2000, LX, Zetec, 16v, 1.25l) is making a concerning rattling noise which seems to come from the axels (maybe - that is a complete guess). This happens not always, but mainly when I floor the accelerator. Moving off from 1st is not an issue and even going to 2nd proves to be sound. However, when I get into 3rd and floor it (or, almost floor it) there is this rattling noise and white smoke coming from the exhaust also. It certainly does not look too healthy.

Can someone try and diagnose such a problem or suggest something.

Thankyou.

Sounds like there's still water in the oil, hence the white smoke, check the oil isnt a milky browny gunk cause if it is it would mean either the new gaskets not been done right or the garage hasnt changed the oil! ( surely they would have ?? )Regarding the rattling, it could mean something else has been screwed with the original gasket failing, or if there's still water in the oil, get it changed and see what it sounds like but i`d have thought flooring a car right after a head gasket ( i`m assuming it is ) change was a no no.

Sounds like there's still water in the oil, hence the white smoke, check the oil isnt a milky browny gunk cause if it is it would mean either the new gaskets not been done right or the garage hasnt changed the oil! ( surely they would have ?? )Regarding the rattling, it could mean something else has been screwed with the original gasket failing, or if there's still water in the oil, get it changed and see what it sounds like but i`d have thought flooring a car right after a head gasket ( i`m assuming it is ) change was a no no.

It is surely a no-no, but there are times when I need to get up to 70 quick. I think the problem might also be something called "pinking" according to a friend. I put some injector cleaner in the car and it helped it a little. But it is CLEAR that there is no where near as much power in it as before. I do not even think I could pull of a frontal wheel spin anymore.

Also, I recently got new pads/discs for my brakes. They are sound. However, the front left wheel - after a long journey - is so hot. You could honestly cook a breakfast on the alloy. I am afraid this is going to warp my discs again. Clearly something is not right but I have no idea why the alloy/disc gets SO hot; it is not warped at all AT THE MINUTE. I took it on a long journey last night and could hear a weird noise from it - like a screaching every so often.

In summary, I have this "pinking" problem (which it may not even be pinking);

I also have this left front wheel overheating.

Finally, the car does still seem to get so hot inside which seems completely irregular.

the front brake problem could be due to the pads binding check that the caliper is free to slide and not sticking also check wheel bearing has no play in it.

if you had the head gasket replaced was the timing set up correctley one tooth out would cause pinking and loss of power

• 2 weeks later...

Still having this problem. I used injector cleaner in the tank as well.

The car still has this annoying problem.

This rattling noise is followed by white smoke coming out of the exhaust too.

I know that different colour smokes means different things.

- Do you think it is pinking?

- If so would I need to use more injector Cleaner?

i would say theres still water grtting to the cylinders when the head gasket was done was the head checked for cracks?,these can be hard to spot sometimes

i would say theres still water grtting to the cylinders when the head gasket was done was the head checked for cracks?,these can be hard to spot sometimes

Yeah, it was checked. And there is no water decrease from the coolant either. The only thing which I have not done correctly is having the water a little over the MAX level on the coolant.