Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Right Hand Front Corner Underneath

Majic

Sorry to be vague, I was cleaning my Focus 2013 reg and noticed on the drivers side at the front it was loose. On further inspection I could see that the underneath part of the black plastic undertray had broken away, just a small amount on the drivers side.. Could anyone tell me do I need to replace the whole undertray or  can I buy just this piece. The missing piece screws into the what I think you would call the bumper cover. It is intact on the passenger side so seems a shame to have to replace the whole lot. Without this missing piece that side is very loose

From the sounds of it if it is part of the big undertray that it will be just the one part- if you have the ~10-15mins free to remove it it'll have (or should have) a part number embossed on the side you can't see.

Can you give any photos? We may be able to suggest fixes or things to help.

If its loose enough to be a concern, and you're happy for a bit of a quick fix.. Check where its broken, if there are any cracks leading away from the broken part(s) get the end of the crack(s) with a drill bit just so that it stops it spreading further. Next, wherever it is broken, look at the closest bits from the areas that it should be attached to that are most solid. About 1cm in to the part where it's broken, put another small hole and do the same on the bit it needs to attach to, and feed a decent cable tie through the holes to 'stitch' it back together, that should hold you in a pinch.

I've done this for rally and drifting and its surprisingly effective. If you can add a dab of hot glue over it too it helps it stay fairly rigid but still flexible. 

Top tip; It works wonders for RC car bodyshells as well!

EDIT:

See something like this, you can go just straight or crossed like this page. I know lidl recently had decent ties in, big packs for around 2.99, and in a few colours too.

Edited by WireyWhenWet
Added info
  • Like 1

Thank you ever so much for your reply, I will try and post a photo tomorrow.

The piece is actually missing so there is a gap there where it should be

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Majic said:

I wonder how that happened?Probably needs another undertray👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Majic said:

Go on eBay, there are some used under-trays in nice condition from £19.99 plus delivery.I think thats the best solution👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club