Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mondeo windscreen washer problem.

TheStig

Hi all,new member,first post :D just bought my third mondeo a 2002 1.8 lx 80,000miles serviced by the POLICE :rolleyes: UP TO 77,000MILES,cost me £1850, which i already love,had it for a week now and its a great drive,just a small problem that needs sorting is the windscreen washers [rear washer too] when the knob on the stalk is pressed wipers move but no washer,but can hear motor going [washer bottle full] when the stalk is pulled back to operate rear washer the rear wiper works but water dribbles out of the front :huh:,any 1 that can help i would be most gratefull,thanx 4 looking TheStig.

the best thing you can do is remove the pump and manually test that it is working more than just making a noise if the pump is ok it must be a blockage in the pipework but it it almost a dodgy pump(common problem) as i have never known both pipes to front and back to block up togeather

the best thing you can do is remove the pump and manually test that it is working more than just making a noise if the pump is ok it must be a blockage in the pipework but it it almost a dodgy pump(common problem) as i have never known both pipes to front and back to block up togeather

thank you for your reply,i will have to take a closer look at the pump,there is a join in the pipe between the pump and the washer jets have undone it today but water still don't come out so its not the jets,what i don't get is why is water coming out of the front when im pulling the stalk back for the rear washing????maybe someones put it back together back to front or something like that???am i right in saying that i need to take out the wheel arch cover to get to pump???[hate taking them off ,rubbish plastic clips :angry: ] cheers TheStig.

unfortunatley the best access is through the wheel arch,you will most likley find it is a combined pump spines one way for the front and the other way for the rear,also when youve taken the pump off check to see there is no blockage at the pump inlet restricting flow to the pump

unfortunatley the best access is through the wheel arch,you will most likley find it is a combined pump spines one way for the front and the other way for the rear,also when youve taken the pump off check to see there is no blockage at the pump inlet restricting flow to the pump

ok thanx for that,will keep you updated,might get a chance to do it if it ever stops raining <_<

• 1 month later...
always rains on my week holiday.

hi TheStig i had that problem on my mk2 si and when it went into the garage the motor was full of limescal they managed to strip the motor down and clean it and put it back in place what they suggested was if you live in a heavy water area us a pre-boiled kettle of water and a good mix of screen clean hope this info helps

Hi all,new member,first post :D just bought my third mondeo a 2002 1.8 lx 80,000miles serviced by the POLICE :rolleyes: UP TO 77,000MILES,cost me £1850, which i already love,had it for a week now and its a great drive,just a small problem that needs sorting is the windscreen washers [rear washer too] when the knob on the stalk is pressed wipers move but no washer,but can hear motor going [washer bottle full] when the stalk is pulled back to operate rear washer the rear wiper works but water dribbles out of the front :huh:,any 1 that can help i would be most gratefull,thanx 4 looking TheStig.

i had same prob with my mondeo it was caused by previous owner putting washing up liquid in take pipes off and pour boiling water in after u have got all the gunk out

• 2 months later...

had Same prob.

Bought new Motor £18 at Halfords. Paid Helpful chap £10 at ats and 20 minutes later all working.

Probably would have taken me few hours on roadside.

Note: The motor controls both front and rear

Hope this helps

Right buddy, common reasons for this on the mondeo. 1 the pipes popped off the pump. Signs of this are a puddle under the nearside front when you use washers.

2 Pipe to rear is joined under the headliner on the right hand side near the back door. These often pop apart and you get a lovely wet headliner.

I'm saying this as its recently been freezing out and it always seems to be that one of these 2 events happens when the water in the washers freezes.

• 3 months later...

hi mate, i also had that problem recently and i was told that you could also use one of the calgon tablets, if you have that problem again the best way i was told is to take off the mud catcher under the front of the bumper and if needed you can lower the washer bottle down also if you get a small spray gun into the pipes and blow out the c**p out of the pipe

hi mate, i also had that problem recently and i was told that you could also use one of the calgon tablets, if you have that problem again the best way i was told is to take off the mud catcher under the front of the bumper and if needed you can lower the washer bottle down also if you get a small spray gun into the pipes and blow out the c**p out of the pipe

Calgon and boiling water worked on the mondeo I bought down in Rotherham. They have furry kettle,s with the water down there. I left it soaking for an hour and they started working fine . Kids spen near an hour playing with them to empty the washer bottle and refilled with screenwash and bobs your uncle never had a prob since .

point to note . Never use washing up liquid or straigh screen wash even if it says diluted. Both hate the rubber pipes

• 8 months later...

I came across this very thread when my Mondeo MK2 developed the same problem last night. I was driving back from London after having scrapped frost off the car at 8 PM!... the screen jets worked initially driving on the M40.... before they suddenly stopped working.

Having seen the comments above I was bracing myself that I'd have to get all of the above checked (washer bottle, undo stuff etc).. The freezing weather really did take its toll on the washer system.

I first started by using a PIN to prod open the screen jets today... Got a bottle of rather warm water and poured some over the nozzle openings as well... (to try and melt ice around the opening)... used the pin a bit more and got the jets working !! :D

I came across this very thread when my Mondeo MK2 developed the same problem last night. I was driving back from London after having scrapped frost off the car at 8 PM!... the screen jets worked initially driving on the M40.... before they suddenly stopped working.

Having seen the comments above I was bracing myself that I'd have to get all of the above checked (washer bottle, undo stuff etc).. The freezing weather really did take its toll on the washer system.

I first started by using a PIN to prod open the screen jets today... Got a bottle of rather warm water and poured some over the nozzle openings as well... (to try and melt ice around the opening)... used the pin a bit more and got the jets working !! :D

happened to me 2 days ago. suppose when its possible the jets have frozen not to keep trying incase pressure pops silly plastic joints open as it did on my mkiii in the head lining! had similar on a mark ii and it popped both front and rear pipes of the washer bottle. fiddly job to get them back on!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club