Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Head Unit Problem...

sami_wright7
聽Share

Hi,

I own a 2011 ford fiesta zetec. This doesn't come with a bluetooth or DAB head unit. I am looking to either install the standard fiesta bluetooth/hands free head unit or the sony bluetooth head unit in my car. Is this possible? As at the moment I dont think my car supports the bluetooth or DAB aspects of this head unit? Is there an adapter cable or anything like that that I could use to allow my car to support the bluetooth and DAB?聽

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont have a clue with wiring etc.馃ぃ

Look here get some idea maybe an android unit will be easier as for DAB radio im in the South and its crap down here i dont use it.Most Android units have blue tooth etc.If you want to stay ford then your need a dab aerial and a blue tooth module.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=fiesta+mk7+stereo&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=fiesta+mk6+stereo

On 5/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, Gazcaz said:

Look here get some idea maybe an android unit will be easier as for DAB radio im in the South and its crap down here i dont use it.Most Android units have blue tooth etc.If you want to stay ford then your need a dab aerial and a blue tooth module.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=fiesta+mk7+stereo&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=fiesta+mk6+stereo

I'd like to stay ford to be honest. I'm up north so DAB should be fine up here mate. Ade the bluetooth module and aerial specific to my car or just general parts for any car? Can you send me a link for these please because I'll end up buying the wrong thing馃ぃcheers聽

14 minutes ago, sami_wright7 said:

Your problem is聽DAB wasn't an available on the pre-facelift. Fitting a facelift unit involves adding SYNC, which afaik isn't possible as it talks to the ECU for emergency calling etc.

Basically your only option is aftermarket lol. The link you posted doesn't look like it's compatible with the mk7 fiesta, there's no plugs that look like that anywhere around the head unit. I can only think it's for a mk6 fiesta as the original head units are the same across the mk4 mondeo and mk2聽Focus.

43 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Your problem is聽DAB wasn't an available on the pre-facelift.

My 2009 Titanium had a Sony unit with DAB as standard, and it was available as an option on most other models.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My 2009 Titanium had a Sony unit with DAB as standard, and it was available as an option on most other models.

Yeah I've heard people have managed to do it properly so the steering controls work too but cant be arsed with that. Too much hassle really馃ぃyou have to get a code or something too

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Your problem is聽DAB wasn't an available on the pre-facelift. Fitting a facelift unit involves adding SYNC, which afaik isn't possible as it talks to the ECU for emergency calling etc.

Basically your only option is aftermarket lol. The link you posted doesn't look like it's compatible with the mk7 fiesta, there's no plugs that look like that anywhere around the head unit. I can only think it's for a mk6 fiesta as the original head units are the same across the mk4 mondeo and mk2聽Focus.

Ah okay nice one. Worth a try. Not worth messing with it all, and I dont like the look of any of the aftermarket ones I have seen, that's why I wanted an original ford one. I've got a bluetooth fm transmitter at the moment but the quality of it isnt very good, and I'm looking to upgrade my front Speakers ans add some rear ones but no point if the fm transmitter is sh*t anyway aha

8 hours ago, sami_wright7 said:

聽I wanted an original ford one

There were also various Ford branded DAB units available as options, some with, some without, steering wheel controls. May be an easier fit if one could be found? (Don't know as I haven't tried this job!)

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'll ***** then. Could've sworn it wasn't a thing on the pfl lol. Anyways a quick google search brought me to this guide...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I'll ***** then. Could've sworn it wasn't a thing on the pfl lol. Anyways a quick google search brought me to this guide...

I'd deffo f*ck that up, not got a clue with all the wiring aha. Was just asking to see if there was an easy way. More bothered about the bluetooth rather than the DAB because the fm transmitter I'm using is getting on my nerves馃ぃ thanks tho mate just dont have the knowledge to start doing all that to my car aha

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

There were also various Ford branded DAB units available as options, some with, some without, steering wheel controls. May be an easier fit if one could be found? (Don't know as I haven't tried this job!)

I think itd be too much wiring and stuff like that for someone like me馃ぃthought there would have been an easier way but guess not. Cheers anyway 馃憤

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

I'll ***** then. Could've sworn it wasn't a thing on the pfl lol.聽

I recently rediscovered an old brochure in my "collection of things that might come in useful one day"馃榾 Looking back through it, actually surprised how much kit聽was聽available back then on the pfl.

3 hours ago, Gazcaz said:

Yes that should do it.

Okay mate thanks, I'll give it a go see if it works

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club