Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Focus Dead Battery 65 Plate

Broadld

Good morning All,

Come to use my car as I haven't used it for sometime due to the current COVID situation.

It is keyless start and the remote unlocking doesn't work. I have opened the key up and tried to use the physical key to open the door. But it won't open.

I'm unsure when I locked it last if I double pressed the lock button. Which I think deadlocks it. Would this prevent the physical key from unlocking the driver's door?

Anyone got any ideas how I can get in to open bonnet to charge the battery?

Thanks In advance.

Someone posted earlier that in a similar situation the key worked on the passenger door, have you tried that?

I don't think there's a barrel on the passenger side on a Mk3?

Even if deadlocked you should be able to open it with the physical key.  The top of the key blade fits back into the fob to give you more leverage.

If you really can't get locks open, you can jack up the front of the car and attach a jump pack to the battery cable to the starter and earth to any solid lump of metal.  That should energise the car for the remote locking to work again.  Don't hit the starter relay with the jumper cable if you parked in gear!

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think there's a barrel on the passenger side on a Mk3?

Quite right, my error 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club