Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the version of my Focus actually correct?

Groot

I may need to buy a new ignition coil so I have searched for the part on websites using the VRN.

They all come up saying it's a MKII model but mine looks like a MKI. Some say it's the LX model (which I've always assumed) but it doesn't show that at the back of the car if it's supposed to.

Is there a way of checking definitively? I've tried searching using the VIN instead but these websites want you to pay to reveal the details.

I know it's a 1.6 engine and one website states it's 100HP but others do not. It seems there's several 1.6 versions and all have different HP which seems to be crucial when selecting the ignition coil.

The year is 2005 (says 05 in the VRN).

Hope you can help.

2005 will be mk2 afaik.

Mk1-
84bdedd8434d077eb0f700fd0a5c3f6e.jpg

Facelift MK1-
9c8f5c96214aaf52a8adf31a7081a565.jpg

MK2-
eacd73192689e2ef6b224711f354e647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Mk1-
84bdedd8434d077eb0f700fd0a5c3f6e.jpg

Facelift MK1-
9c8f5c96214aaf52a8adf31a7081a565.jpg

MK2-
eacd73192689e2ef6b224711f354e647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

that mk2 has an outstanding service action on it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

have you tried putting your vehicle reg in etis that will tell you what type of engine and what bhp it is

It's probably a late registered Mk1 facelift.

The problem with any of the 'reg' sites like ECP is that only work off the year on the plate.  So if it says 05 they'll assume it's a Mk2...but your car could have sat around unregistered in a compound for 6 months+.  If you put your reg into ETIS, you'll probably find the build date is considerably earlier than the registration date.

If you want to check the spec of the car, (LX) that should be written on the V5 log book, along with the power output, but you can also find it on sites such as cardatachecks.co.uk

Tbh the best thing to do is probably take the part number from your current ignition coil.

• Like 3

Yes, they were selling remaining stock of Mk 1 facelifts well into 2005 - my brother in law bought one at that time.

David should be able to identify what version he's got from the pics posted by Clive, though.

• Like 1

This is the one, except it's a light silver and 2005 registered:

1.6 16v LX

When I manually search for a part instead of using the VRN, the 16v is only listed under MKI. Also, doesn't the one in the link look like one a MKI too?

As mentioned already, when I use the VRN instead, it comes up with MKII but it doesn't look like one!

***Sorry, just saw the last three posts after I posted this one!***

So conclusively, it looks like a MkI 1.6 16v LX 100HP.

Thanks for all your help, now I can hopefully begin to solve (another thread) my long-standing cylinder 2 misfire issue!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club